997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Real-Time Traffic Overlays Coming in April PCM/Nav Update!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to bump this thread, but any news on the subject?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Latest info, I seem to be getting break in's from a rock station with TP, set on?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
What about info in the nav display? Anything like that anyone?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 PM
geoff w is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John McLane
Sorry to bump this thread, but any news on the subject?
If you believe this from rennlist, it's fictional in the US (see http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=428699)
I spoke with Paul Gregor, the liaison between Porsche and PCA, about the real time traffic updates for the PCM Navigation system. They are NOT available in the US, but are in Europe, as those who have taken European Delivery have attested. Sorry for the unwelcome news.

Jerry

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I figured that much.
I love the car, but the navigation is absolutely clueless, not traffic, even worse...

Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Lastly, for people in the Boston area. Turning on the TP allows you to get break ins from a Reggae Station with loud refrains. This was acknowledged by one of the dealers who said, "turn off TP", many PCM's have been replaced mistakenly, due to this problem!
I believe this was addressed in previous threads also.
Whoopie!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by larrytrk
You will have to join, well worth it!!
TSB 13/05 PCM 2.1 Navigation Update
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...hstring=&st=40
Got the new CD's/DVD's (from SunCoast), reviewed the TSB from RennTech and confirmed I have software version B (its a 2007 997 TT)... but when I insert Disc 1 of the update into the dash CD slot I get something like "Invalid Update Disc" after a few seconds... anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by emilgh
Not to sound like a total n00b, but can you point us to a forum, thread, or article where this is explained? I cant' find what you're talking about...
It turn out to be just a Nav. map update for 09. Allows older models from 05 up to use it!
Not much else for $300 except a faux leather CD case.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
aalvarez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BSM
Got the new CD's/DVD's (from SunCoast), reviewed the TSB from RennTech and confirmed I have software version B (its a 2007 997 TT)... but when I insert Disc 1 of the update into the dash CD slot I get something like "Invalid Update Disc" after a few seconds... anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
I believe you have to insert that disc in the Nav drive which is on the trunk. The dash drive is only for music CDs. Make sure that you eject the existing NAV DVD out first.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Question

Would an end of April '08 build Carrera S, have the latest NAV updates?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.