997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Update: 997TT wing on a non turbo 997... install still going on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
-PICS- Update: 997TT wing on a non turbo 997... install still going on!

First: why am I doing this? Looked high and low and just did not find a rear wing I liked as much as the 997TT rear decklid/wing...it is OEM factory porsche parts and wanted my car to be unique....

Well the mod is taking more time and $ then I had hoped but its getting there. I had read in a post this wasn't to big a challange to do but now that we are knee deep in it I can tell you this is not an easy swap if you want it done correctly....correctly being the key. Fan brackets needed to be fabricated to reposition fan correctly, (unless your OK with your fan being slightly off from where it needs to be) stock airbox needs to be pulled and replaced with aftermarket (went with EVO) to give more room for the hydraulics to sit inside. Could have cut into stock airbox but that could have allowed hot air to creep in and also screw up the mass air flow sensor so again to do it right a swap was needed IMO so went EVO. Now wiring is another challange, 997TT rear break light is on the upper wing blade....always exposed unlike 997 where it is on the rear decklid and visible when rear decklid is deployed and then your upper rear stationary 3rd light shuts off. We are working through this with wiring schametics and so forth to get all to work right..... (well my shop not me personally)..... anyway almost there, wing blade removed (another project in itself) and entire decklid and blade at paint shop.... had the RUF 19 wheels refinished in hyper silver black as well...... anyway thats the update and pics hopefully posted early next week.... then mark my words.... I am done with mods till next summer, actually a good thing its getting cold and the care is going away anyway......

Last edited by mickfluff; 10-28-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Pics added
Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Thanks for the update Fluffy, have you or the shop that you are dealing with been taking photo's? Are you going to do another front bumper?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Pics....

yes here are some pics.... my front Hamman chin spoiler actually flows great with the wing from what I can tell, IMO, so going to keep and see how it looks once 100% complete. here are some pics, of wheel refinished without caps and black wheel lugs, also wiring work, wing fit (yes with turbo emblem still on the wing, I have a black 911 emblem going on), fan brackets etc.... also some custom mounts to move the RAM as far left as possible and a trim of some plastic as een on the EVO....

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Thanks for the update Fluffy, have you or the shop that you are dealing with been taking photo's? Are you going to do another front bumper?

Attached Images      
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 AM
few more pics..... as noted above

few other pics as max uplaod is 5 above.... of course the wing was meteor grey, not seal..... so yes more $ to paint it!!!!!!!!!!!! errrrrrrrrrrrrrr... catching no brakes on this mod, but think it will be pretty cool once done.

Attached Images    
Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wheels look good, post some clearer pictures when you get the car out of the shop.

As for the turbo badge, I thought that it was good for at least 50hp

Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 AM
50?

I was hoping 480hp from the emblem...... yeah I am happy with the wheels, the look, well different..... will get some pics up once i get it back.

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Wheels look good, post some clearer pictures when you get the car out of the shop.

As for the turbo badge, I thought that it was good for at least 50hp

Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Glad to see that the mod bug is still effecting you. Your best to just let it run it's course, but knowing you, you will say that you are done moding after this and then the denial will set in again.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Mick,

Thanks for being the pioneer in this matter. I'm sure it will look fantastic as I would have to agree that the 997TT wings is one of the best looking wings out there, next to the ridiculuously priced Ruff wing .

Best wishes for your project.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
RUF maybe cheaper....

OEM 997TT complete rear deck lid, wing, wing blade, hydraulics etc = OEM from Porsche Dealer is $10,800+ plus install possibly in the 2K range after paint, fabricate, fan move, air box move, etc not including the cost of the new air box, if EVO $600 range etc.... gets ugly fast. Yes I got my 997TTwing used....so saved there but still ugly $ speaking.... whats the RUF run? Getting used RUF wing though nearly impossible....

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Mick,

Thanks for being the pioneer in this matter. I'm sure it will look fantastic as I would have to agree that the 997TT wings is one of the best looking wings out there, next to the ridiculuously priced Ruff wing .

Best wishes for your project.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Ruf wing costs ~$ 7K. Granted it's carbon-Kevlar. Wondering if Dan @ Vivid has a break on the price

Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
shop pics of wing!

Pick it up tomorrow.....shop picks sent to me....

Attached Images    

Last edited by mickfluff; 11-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
looking good!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Looks Awesome! Post more pics tommorrow.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Beautiful!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:44 AM
ncamillo is on a distinguished road
looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update: 997TT wing on a non turbo 997... install still going on!