997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Simplest way to connect ipod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OneFastM3
will this work for an 08? the site says it does?

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...997ELECTRONICS
Anyone use this OEM kit and has some input about it?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VMM
Hi all... I am totally confused by this subject. Did the search and have found a lot of different answers. Just picked a 2007 cpo c4s. Would love to add bluetooth, xm sirius, and ipod (things we have on our Honda Odyssey damnit!). There doesn't seem to be a concensus. My local dealer will not do any of this stuff and recommended a local stereo shop. The dealer I purchased from in the bay area is actually doing Tooki as a dealer installed option. I've heard good and bad about both and am not sure what to do. May just stick with the jawbone for know, but would love to add ipod or satellite radio. I guess I am going to keep researching. My 05 M3 has ipod hookup via an aux jack. I control the songs from the unit itself. I guess I've gotten used to that.

Porsche has an option for installing an Aux jack. Your dealer should know about it and should install it for you. Like your 05 BMW the songs will be controlled by the Ipod itself.

Dension, Mobridge both are systems that will do both Ipod and Bluetooth. You will either have to install them yourself, have a stereo shop do it, or find a dealer that installs these systems on customers cars.

Jason

Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Anyone use this OEM kit and has some input about it?
I found some feedback on a random Cayman forum site. Apparently those who have it, like it very much.

Jason

Old 01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JEllis
I found some feedback on a random Cayman forum site. Apparently those who have it, like it very much.

Jason
Might have it installed next time I take my car in.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
VMM
VMM is on a distinguished road
Thanks... honestly that's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm used to just searching on my ipod or using playlists and doing the shuffle thing. That and an oem satellite radio would probably be sufficient. I am also afraid of electric gremlins. I've given some thought to the tooki which my local dealer will not do... but the dealer I purchased from will. I was quoted 1100. Once you thrown in sat and ipod your probably talking another 1400. I always thought built in bluetooth was a requirement... but have liked the performance of the jawbone so much that I am thinking of passing. My M3 remains my daily driver and the c4s will be a weekend fun car... though my 4 1/2 year old is already chomping at the bit to get a ride in "Sally Carrera." As you can imagine, Cars is her favorite movie! Thanks.

Originally Posted by JEllis
Porsche has an option for installing an Aux jack. Your dealer should know about it and should install it for you. Like your 05 BMW the songs will be controlled by the Ipod itself.

Dension, Mobridge both are systems that will do both Ipod and Bluetooth. You will either have to install them yourself, have a stereo shop do it, or find a dealer that installs these systems on customers cars.

Jason

Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Might have it installed next time I take my car in.
Originally Posted by VMM
Thanks... honestly that's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm used to just searching on my ipod or using playlists and doing the shuffle thing. That and an oem satellite radio would probably be sufficient. I am also afraid of electric gremlins. I've given some thought to the tooki which my local dealer will not do... but the dealer I purchased from will. I was quoted 1100. Once you thrown in sat and ipod your probably talking another 1400. I always thought built in bluetooth was a requirement... but have liked the performance of the jawbone so much that I am thinking of passing. My M3 remains my daily driver and the c4s will be a weekend fun car... though my 4 1/2 year old is already chomping at the bit to get a ride in "Sally Carrera." As you can imagine, Cars is her favorite movie! Thanks.
Price for the install of the Porsche kit at the dealer should be around $850 give or take $50, installed. I imagine most dealers are not selling the kit as low as suncoast is and the install is probably close to 3hrs or more. Majority of the time involves actually removing interior panelling to access the back of the PCM and then putting everything back together again.

Jason

Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VMM
I've given some thought to the tooki which my local dealer will not do... but the dealer I purchased from will. I was quoted 1100.
The Tooki is quite simple to install yourself. If you install it yourself you can also install the Dension unit at the same time. I don't think it is worth paying a dealer to install.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I just had the Dension (from Eric Bumperplugs) installed over at Sharkwerks and it works great! Very easy to use and the install seemed very easy for James

Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by synergy
I just had the Dension (from Eric Bumperplugs) installed over at Sharkwerks and it works great! Very easy to use and the install seemed very easy for James
Thanks Chris and you're right it works well! You're lucky you have a screen... you should try using it in our GT3RS without NAV It's a good thing I like pushing buttons!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks Chris and you're right it works well! You're lucky you have a screen... you should try using it in our GT3RS without NAV It's a good thing I like pushing buttons!
Oh yes you have it rough in the Sharkwerks GT3 but then you jump into the PDK and your problems are all solved! The NAV in the 997.2 is very nice in comparison to .1 I dont feel sorry for you Alex