997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking for Aggressive offset pics: i.e 19 x 8 offset 45-48 or less in front

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Sev
Sev will become famous soon enoughSev will become famous soon enough
Looking for Aggressive offset pics: i.e 19 x 8 offset 45-48 or less in front

Hi all,

looking at some wheels with the following spec up front: 19 x 8 offset 45. If you are runnning such an agressive setup or something more aggressive, can you post or send me a pic?

thank you,
Sev

Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
go to www.ccwheel.com and look under porsche in the gallery. some very aggressive race offsets

Old 02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Sev
Thank you for the link.
Tried the site, couldn't find any 997s. Also, I would rather see it on street driven cars...

Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future

Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bara
Bara, I had CCW Wheels on my last 2 997S cars and the wheels in this picture will be my next. Love the looks on the car in the picture.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Bara, I had CCW Wheels on my last 2 997S cars and the wheels in this picture will be my next. Love the looks on the car in the picture.
i have bought 4 sets of wheels from john. a great person to deal with on wheel needs. though i dont like any of his street wheels for the 997, its an excellent track option

Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Sev
Thanks for the pic, what is the offset on these wheels? Do you have a pic showing how much the wheel sticks out from the fender?
Thank you

Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
My CCW wheels front offset was 50mm I believe however I was running 9x18 front and 12x18 rear so the offset numbers will be different than the 8" wide front and 11" wide rear that the stock wheels are.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Sev
According to the wheelmaster offset calculator, the 19x8 45 offset will stick out 5mm further than the 18 x 9 50 offset.

The calculator can be found here:
http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

So, no pics from the front or a better angle?
Thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Sev....thanks for asking.
I have been experimenting to determine same.
IMHO the most usefull pics are those sighting down the side of the car (if offset is really what you are wkg on).
If you are wkg on ride height or rake ideally you need broadside shots....out away from the car.

I am still experimenting with suspension settings on the 4s below but she's down a bit. When I get it sorted out I'll order wheels.
Here you see 50mm on the fronts. (57mm 8J CSIIs with 7mm spacers).
And yes....the rule for going from 8J to 9J is add 12.7mm (out) for that inch.
If you do not add that 12.7 to your offset (when going from 8 to 9) the fitment will appear 12.7mm out further (relative to the fender).

Last edited by GreggT; 02-28-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
These are 18s, but that makes no difference to your need. 46 offset on the front.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 PM
sorry i dont have any other pics of the car above. i got it off of ccw's site.

also, to blackout above, offset is relative to wheel width so when you state an offset, its meaningless if you dont say how wide the wheel is.

backspace on the other hand is independent of width.

offset = wheel width/2 + distance of wheel hub to wheel centerline.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
I think I recall from the Excellence write-up that blakt outs HREs are 9Js.
Those fronts are out there.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
sorry i dont have any other pics of the car above. i got it off of ccw's site.

also, to blackout above, offset is relative to wheel width so when you state an offset, its meaningless if you dont say how wide the wheel is.

backspace on the other hand is independent of width.

offset = wheel width/2 + distance of wheel hub to wheel centerline.
So sorry. You're totally correct. Got in a hurry. Fronts are 18X9 et46. No spacers. Rears have spacers in the Excellence photo above but not the garage pic. Fabryce put them on. Forget the size. I think 7.5mm. Rear wheels are 18X11.5 et65. I run 315s on the rear.

Regardless, I don't see anyone running fronts much further out than these successfully.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I think this is the best pic I can come up with. The rear has the spacers. I should point out here that I'm running approx -3 degrees camber. If this were a street setup, the tops would be OUT.

Here's a pic with a slightly different setup. Wild to see the sun hitting so much of the circumference of the tire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for Aggressive offset pics: i.e 19 x 8 offset 45-48 or less in front