997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sluggish all of a sudden

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Interesting, glad that you were able to solve your problem.

Great advice Ian.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:21 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
awesome- I am glad to hear it was a relatively easy fix. I bet you are loving the new exhaust sound eh?

Nice advice Ian- way 2 go!!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Great news!! I wonder if I need to do the same. I just installed BMC filters into my X51 airbox and now have a noticeable hesitation upon hard acceleration. Wonder if now that there is more airflow coming from both sides of the intake that it is throwing the computer off

Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cattman
It's because you limey blokes do everything on the wrong side
CATTMAN

Delighted your car is back - as long as there's no specific fault conditions, an ECU reset always seems to work if the car's just 'gone off'.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Great news!! I wonder if I need to do the same. I just installed BMC filters into my X51 airbox and now have a noticeable hesitation upon hard acceleration. Wonder if now that there is more airflow coming from both sides of the intake that it is throwing the computer off
It's certainly worth a try - can't do any harm. At least it will let the ECU adapt as closely as it can (these adaptations are quite limited) to what's on the car.

Also check for air leaks, particularly around the induction hose between the airbox and throttle body, as this will also cause the hesitation you're experiencing. (I'd check whatever you've used to fill the gap between the larger X-51 inlet hose and the smaller standard throttle body as a prime potential culprit).

Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
sluggish

Originally Posted by Cattman
See, I don't want a $40k car on my "****". May need to simply verify that I am pulling the correct HP for my car as modded, then either sell it for a TT or SC it.
Go Cattman go. Supercharge or save / trade for that TT!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Glad your car's back, John!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM
997guardian will become famous soon enough
Glad to hear your car is back. Are you going to make sure your coworker knows that his IS is truly no match?

Old 04-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997guardian
Glad to hear your car is back. Are you going to make sure your coworker knows that his IS is truly no match?
Funny you mention that. Last night, by pure coincidence, the owner of the IS and I left the office at the same time, and found ourselves on the same stretch where I couldn't break from him.

Well, suffice it to say this time was different, very different. He was in my rear view in no time. Very satisfying. I know it's juvenile, but he won't tangle with me again anytime soon. And by then, who knows, I may be running an SC.
CATTMAN

Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1

Delighted your car is back - as long as there's no specific fault conditions, an ECU reset always seems to work if the car's just 'gone off'.
How can you tell if the car is off if you don't "get on it"? Sometimes my car feels a bit more spirited than others, can this be the fuel? I use different stations, but same octane.