997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

"Gundo Hack"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The finster hack is NOT the same as the Gundo hack. You will find the noted differences with a search, but namely, finster hacks across the inlet and outlet (like Gundo), AND from one of the baffled muffler chamers to the outlet. The harmonics, pressures, and effect are different.
CATTMAN

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Jetpilot3 is on a distinguished road
Can someone post a picture of the Gundo hack? I'm taking my car into the shop tomorrow to get my springs and spacers installed and I'll have them do the hack too!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 AM
djlod is on a distinguished road
There are a bunch of pictures in this thread.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ste-money.html
I had considered running gundo hacked mufflers before I got PSE.
I would like to hear how they sound.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Jetpilot3 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the link as I've now printed some photos to show the shop tomorrow.

Exciting day...

Springs, spacers, then the hack! Whooooowho!

I'll take photos and video the exhaust.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone regret getting the hack? If so, why?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Anyone regret getting the hack? If so, why?
No regrets here at all... To me it's a perfect sound - if anything, I'd like it even slightly louder. I had someone come up to me the other day and ask what I had done - they said it sounded "incredible." My only regret is having to tell people I basically have a baseball card in my spokes

Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I let my muffler shop take them off for me. Make sure you tell them stainless steel. They used the regular metal on mine, I don't think it will be an issue (for about a dozen reasons), but why not have them d it right. I took mine in and showed the shop photos and they did the removal, mod and reinstall while I waited. I like waiting to ensure no joy rides to "test it out". I love my Gundo hack, but might lose it if I go the TPC Turbo route.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:03 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the responses and I have decided to have it done. What the heck, worse case if I don't like it I buy new mufflers! But after having being associated with these cars and their owners for almost 20 years I trust what the majority have to say.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:16 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I love the sound of mine!

Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 AM
swajames will become famous soon enoughswajames will become famous soon enough
Loving the Gundo's here too. I bought mine from a member, they were done by Fister and they sound awesome.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM
porsche02 is on a distinguished road
can you do the gundo hack to 996 with 997 muffler?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 PM
bump

Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Thanks for the responses and I have decided to have it done. What the heck, worse case if I don't like it I buy new mufflers! But after having being associated with these cars and their owners for almost 20 years I trust what the majority have to say.

There s no way you will not like it. It s not that drastic but just more of a sports car sound. Glad I did mine. I took everything apart, had the weld done and then re installed.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsche02
can you do the gundo hack to 996 with 997 muffler?
Not sure if I understand the question. Yes, you can do the same mod to 996 mufflers as you can to 997 mufflers. However, I don't think you can fit 997 mufflers in place of 996 mufflers. Anyone?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I just want to know if 997 muffler will fit the 996,because i mod the 997 muffler to gundo hack so i can put in my 996.anybody did this already put the 997 muffler to 996?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Gundo Hack"