997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ecu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Question Ecu

What is everyones opinion on the best ecu upgrade? is it better to order one from a good company or try to get a custom map chip local??

Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Most people are using www.softronic.us

Old 06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Most people are using www.softronic.us
so basically youcan custom map for what ever u have done to your car?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porscheboy997
so basically youcan custom map for what ever u have done to your car?
So they say, I don't have an flash on my car. Most people seem very happy with the Softronic. Call Scott directly, really nice guy and he will tell you everything you want to know.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Volant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the roughVolant997 is a jewel in the rough
I just ordered the Softronic upgrade yesterday - against the advice of a tuner shop in the local area that recently did my exhaust and suspension upgrades. They were advising the use of a solution where they could create their own custom loads based on the mods I will make in the future then tweak/tune/dyno until the whole package was optimized. That's a bit too hard core for me at the moment - but might be the right solution if you plan to do a lot of engine mods and want to play the tuner's game.

I believe I did enough due diligence to learn that at the core most of the flash solutions pretty much advance the timing (and thereby remove the safety margin of putting low octance fuel in) to achieve the majority of the performance gains. Since I won't be putting in 87 octane gas I figure what the heck - might as well get the 10-15 easy horses from advancing the timing. Warranty risks still settle in the back of my mind and Softronics appeared to be the only one mitigating that risk (but not completely removing it).

Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM
ok thanks

Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Volant997
I just ordered the Softronic upgrade yesterday - against the advice of a tuner shop in the local area that recently did my exhaust and suspension upgrades. They were advising the use of a solution where they could create their own custom loads based on the mods I will make in the future then tweak/tune/dyno until the whole package was optimized. That's a bit too hard core for me at the moment - but might be the right solution if you plan to do a lot of engine mods and want to play the tuner's game.

I believe I did enough due diligence to learn that at the core most of the flash solutions pretty much advance the timing (and thereby remove the safety margin of putting low octance fuel in) to achieve the majority of the performance gains. Since I won't be putting in 87 octane gas I figure what the heck - might as well get the 10-15 easy horses from advancing the timing. Warranty risks still settle in the back of my mind and Softronics appeared to be the only one mitigating that risk (but not completely removing it).
ok thanks for the advise. is the softronic hard to install?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
ok thanks for the advise. is the softronic hard to install?
Hello,

Softronic only requires an internet connection, Laptop , Our software, cable and any 8 year old. Joking aside it is only a click forward process that you cant make a mistake in. You even get the original latest Porsche file as your backup .

Should you have any questions please call. 203-723-8928.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,

Softronic only requires an internet connection, Laptop , Our software, cable and any 8 year old. Joking aside it is only a click forward process that you cant make a mistake in. You even get the original latest Porsche file as your backup .

Should you have any questions please call. 203-723-8928.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
can u adjust the map for certin performance upgrade that my car has?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
can u adjust the map for certin performance upgrade that my car has?
Yes, however there is a big misconception on what actually requires a change. Modern files post 2002 by their composition do not require changes as most may think. This is from the advance controls of the DME. Basically there are only a couple variables that require a map change and they are not form the mods. A tuner should be able to incorporate all the variables within reason to their tune. This would basically be offering 1 or 2 tunes rather than stages as in the past.

Please contact me for any questions.

203-723-8928

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
I just installed the EVOMSit ECU upgrade in my 997.2 S.

The difference was amazing. Between the programmed MAP and the Sport Pedal, the car went from a 997 S to a GT3 eater. Amazing customer service from Alex at Sharkwerks.

Stu

Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
VTach is on a distinguished road
I too am considering this upgrade but am having trouble deciding between Softronic and FVD Brombacher. It seems that Softronic is the most popular (on this forum anyway). Any experience with the FVD product?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sezme
I just installed the EVOMSit ECU upgrade in my 997.2 S.

The difference was amazing. Between the programmed MAP and the Sport Pedal, the car went from a 997 S to a GT3 eater. Amazing customer service from Alex at Sharkwerks.

Stu
Thanks so much for the kind words Stu and glad you're enjoying it! Wakes these things up a bit

For those interested we've got a full write up on the tuning process as well:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
I have a stong feeling that with the new EVOMSit software (93 octane tuning), the exhaust bypass I installed two weeks ago, and SharkWerks lightened flywheel - this car would eat my GT3RS.

Mad props Alex...

Stu

Last edited by Sezme; 06-25-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by VTach
I too am considering this upgrade but am having trouble deciding between Softronic and FVD Brombacher. It seems that Softronic is the most popular (on this forum anyway). Any experience with the FVD product?

Thank You for the kind words. Softronic will also be releasing some new stuff on flashing in the next couple weeks.

Best Regards,
Scott

P.S. FVD's stuff is also good so enjoy either way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecu