997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 PM
akinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud of
WOW - Nice pictures.
I am sure going to miss these events after selling my ride.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
We So Cal bums drive our $100K cars in jeans, tshirts, and chuck taylors! At least thats what i do everyday!

Like Jellis and Gomez said: Its more common out here to see someone get out of a lambo, ferrari, buggati, or porsche in jeans and sneakers than to see someone get out in preppy khakis and a polo shirt.

We leave the bickering over clothes to the women out here!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:58 PM
v21
v21 is on a distinguished road
Who's chuck taylor?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I think you are joking, but just in case:

Chuck Taylor the person: Baseball player from the 1960's that converse named the shoe after.

Probably the #1 selling show of all time from 1960's to present.

Does not get any more simple: rubber, canvas, & shoelaces. I love them because they are basically disposable shoes and just like my porsche - Classics!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Plus the makes a great thin sled driving shoe!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:38 PM
zweebach is on a distinguished road
LOL, dress code at a car gathering. It's not Pebble Beach.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
Plus the makes a great thin sled driving shoe!
Also referred to as "Chucks".......

I was actually wearing Vans slip ons for cars and coffee..... even easier

Jason

Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 PM
E. coli has a spectacular aura aboutE. coli has a spectacular aura aboutE. coli has a spectacular aura about
FYI, Here's the wiki on Chuck's-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Taylor_All-Stars ( The Shoe)

in short for the youngsters out there- The Basketball Shoe before Mr. Jordan arrived on the scene. Still is the most successful selling basketball shoe in history.

Last edited by E. coli; 07-06-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: link correction
Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by v21
Weekly? No wonder, after a while you can't be bothered .

About filming, I found the image very stable. It's amazing that was obtained by holding it up to the windshield.

Great bunch in any case. Perhaps I should start something similar here in NYC, though if I dig, I am sure someone already thought of it.

Thanks again for the thread, photos and chat.
If your talking about the track day videos at Willow Springs on my vimeo page then yes I had a suction cup mount on the inside windshield. The highway driving stuff of ellis and dag I just held with my hand as I looked at the road ahead of me.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I tagged along on the caravan with Jason, & now he pointed me in the direction of this thread. It was a good day, & I thought I'd share some pics I took, so here's some of my faves:

Lol, my car looks like a freaking Cayenne in comparison:

Damn, check out those sweet asses:

P40s, the best looking wheels available for Porsches, IMO:

The best looking P-car I've seen in my life & my favorite car of all makes at the C&C that day. As soon as I saw it, I immediately walked away from the Ferraris to snap some pics of this beautiful beast. I think even Satan & Darth Vader would be jealous of Gomez' sled:

This is where our dream cars all began... RESPECT:

This GT3RS had a very unique color scheme, I liked it:

Best looking modern day Ferrari, IMO. The lines are so sensual & flow much better than the F430... Lol, notice the very "original" vanity plate. On a side note, I saw this car get there, & the son was wearing a Lambo polo, I thought that was pretty funny & I pointed at him & told him "dude, you're wearing the wrong shirt! " lol:

GMG brought out a couple sweet cars including this RS:

... These are just some of my faves, but I took 81 pics & uploaded them all if anyone wants to take a look on my photobucket: http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...albumview=grid

Last edited by RaphaelP; 07-07-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:50 AM
v21
v21 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mobonic
I think you are joking, but just in case:

Chuck Taylor the person: Baseball player from the 1960's that converse named the shoe after.

Probably the #1 selling show of all time from 1960's to present.

Does not get any more simple: rubber, canvas, & shoelaces. I love them because they are basically disposable shoes and just like my porsche - Classics!

Holy crap! Yes I have seen these. I think they look awful and thought only teenagers and punk rock band members wore them.

Originally Posted by E. coli
FYI, Here's the wiki on Chuck's-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Taylor_All-Stars ( The Shoe)

in short for the youngsters out there- The Basketball Shoe before Mr. Jordan arrived on the scene. Still is the most successful selling basketball shoe in history.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by gomez
If your talking about the track day videos at Willow Springs on my vimeo page then yes I had a suction cup mount on the inside windshield. The highway driving stuff of ellis and dag I just held with my hand as I looked at the road ahead of me.
Yep, I was referring to your Wilow Springs track video. The image was so stable I thought you must have had a sort of mount for the camera.

Could you please tell us which suction cup and camera (must be light I guess) you used?

Originally Posted by RaphaelP

This GT3RS had a very unique color scheme, I liked it:

This is my favorite. I find that P car stunning.

Last edited by v21; 07-07-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM
911turbs is on a distinguished road
Pics look awesome. I bet you guys turned a few heads rolling down the street

Old 03-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Banilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really nice
Thanks for the pics! This all-white GT3 RS had me drooling

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3687737512_29562bfd28_b.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	513.9 KB
ID:	347409  
Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 AM
srbrigante is on a distinguished road
Would be awesome to have one in the heart of NYC.............

Old 03-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Volnomad is on a distinguished road
Guys these are nice pix, but this thread is 5 years old!