997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Everyone loves pics.... seeing red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone loves pics.... seeing red

Well I took the 997S out this weekend to really get an idea of how I feel about the new mods. I am a little torn on the direction I want to go with the exterior of the car. I was pretty sure I was finished but after seeing Gomez's beast again, I cannot help but wonder what my car would like with an RS spoiler and GT3 Cup front bumper.

But, to me there is something special about a factory 997S Aero and the vent free front bumper adds a clean understated look. Not to mention that aftermarket painted body panels never 100% match up perfectly when it comes to the shade of paint and I am really picky when it comes to that.

So, if I keep things basically as they are my future plans call for some GMG suspension bits so I can go lower and not chew through tires and GMG front vent grills.

If I decide to go the extreme route then I am talking lower, RS rear wing, and GT3 Cup front bumper.

Personally I am leaning towards just going a little lower and calling it good. What do you think?

Jason

Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
That car looks pretty awesome as it is.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
beautiful. i personally dont like the RS wing on an NB, its too big. if you want, have a paint shop install the front vent on the bumper you have.

my car is getting the full gt3 treatment and should be ready this week. look for pics of your twin in silver

Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bara
beautiful. i personally dont like the RS wing on an NB, its too big. if you want, have a paint shop install the front vent on the bumper you have.

my car is getting the full gt3 treatment and should be ready this week. look for pics of your twin in silver
Yeah I pretty much agree....

Car will probably stay pretty much the same except a little lower with front vent screens!

Jason

Old 07-13-2009, 08:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jason, car looks awesome. Seeing your car, Gomez's, and Mobonic's makes me rethink my stealth C2S look...nah I am mod complete (for now - next mod is full forklift upgrade to a GT3!)

Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
v21
v21 is on a distinguished road
Picture # 4 is stunning. Very nice shot!

I like your car height as it is. Any lower and you'll be scrapping the front from time to time. Not a fan of the wheels. I'd have gone with mat black rims, such as the P40s from HRE but that's just me.

Enjoy in good health.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I get mixed reviews about the wheels but BBS E88's are my all time favorite wheel! Plus they come on GT3 Cups!

Jason

Old 07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Jason. Those are very creatively composed shots. I wish I had your eye. Do you give lessons? Car looks great.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Jason. Those are very creatively composed shots. I wish I had your eye. Do you give lessons? Car looks great.
Just point and shoot! These just turned out great

Jason

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JEllis
I get mixed reviews about the wheels but BBS E88's are my all time favorite wheel! Plus they come on GT3 Cups!

Jason
Ha! - can't figure taste - I think the wheels look perfect for your car - the whole look works very well together - nothing funky or forced.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
beautiful execution, your car was one of the reasons I was pondering guards red when shopping . Personally, I think exterior is perfect balance of showing the modded ride is still a carrera without going overboard with the cup exterior pieces

Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Soon-to-be a cup car I suppose Beautiful car! Enjoy it in good health! La Jolla must be beautiful. Who's that behind you on the highway

Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
That would be me, behind him and stuck in La Jolla traffic, everyone was trying to get to the beach. I was trying to get ready for the track!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:15 AM
BavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really nice
i love those pics. I saved every one of them.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I guess it summons all about us Porsche lovers, everyone else is trying to get to the beach, we on the other hand, to the track

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone loves pics.... seeing red