997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Battery Replacement - Public Service Announcement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Battery Replacement - Public Service Announcement

I've seen a number of threads concerning battery replacement and the confusion regarding which Interstate battery to use.

Well, my 5 year old Moll Porsche OEM battery finally refused to hold a charge last week. As a result I searched and researched for the proper Interstate (my chosen manufacturer) battery. I saw a lot of confusing threads regarding MTP-91, MTP-93, MTP-H7, MTP-H8, etc.

I decided after talking to my local Interstate retailer, Interstate Factory Rep and checking the physical and electrical characteristics to go w/ the Interstate MTP-H7. It's sized perfectly (fits the OEM footprint) and it's CCA is better than my Porsche OEM battery.

It has a 24 month (no cost) replacement and after that an 85 month pro-rated warranty. I didn't compare the weights to the Moll battery but my 'grunt' scale (lifting it out) suggested the Moll was heavier.

Product ID: MTP-H7(Automotive Truck)
Short Description: Interstate - 85 Months
Cold Cranking Amps: 640
Voltage: 12
Termination: A
Pro-rata Warranty: 85
Weight: 46.3
Width: 6.89
Length: 12.4
Height: 7.48

This is simply public service announcement. I have no interest in Interstate and the accuracy of the specifications are not guaranteed.

I'm just all charged up (pun intended) that I was able to find an 'exact' replacement in size w/ better performance & warranty.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
do you have any price information?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
never mind, just called and ask for the price
$129 plus core
BTW, thanks for your information

Old 08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
BUMP - anyone else use this size? Seems like exactly same dimension.