997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Battery Maintainer Cord Question.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Battery Maintainer Cord Question.....

Hey guys, I just got my Porsche Battery Maintainer today and had a quick question that I couldn't locate by searching. For my 2006 997 S, how do I run the cord under the car door without pinching it when closing?

Any help/tips you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jay Jones

Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I run mine in through the sunroof.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
LOL...just had this talk with Ed (northvan997c2s) today.
I wires down,on the backside of the fender liner to a plug.....which I plug the tender into!

I ran two wires from the battery with a fuse in-line.

I then placed them behind the fender liner and out the bottom where I have quick connect that I plug into the battery maintaner.The plug has a rubber cap to keep debris out too!

Not sure if this solves anything but like you I didn't want to pinch the wire and I wanted something 'clean and easy' to plug into!

Stacy

Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy,

I am correcting myself once again, you are a nut bar!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
Hey guys, I just got my Porsche Battery Maintainer today and had a quick question that I couldn't locate by searching. For my 2006 997 S, how do I run the cord under the car door without pinching it when closing?

Any help/tips you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jay Jones
I just run it from the lighter socket, across the seat, down to the door seal and close the door on it - been doing that for months now, seems to be fine.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:50 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevepow
I just run it from the lighter socket, across the seat, down to the door seal and close the door on it - been doing that for months now, seems to be fine.
Same for me. The seal is flexible enough. I have been doing it for years with no problem.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work - as always. I have a connector hard wired to the battery, but I have to crack the hood for a plug in. I've wanted to do a permanent install and I'll follow your lead (so to speak). I did an equivalent thing on the Ford, with the plug (with cap) exiting from the tow hook hole. But it doesn't have a cover like the P-car so that won't work in this case.
I considered closing the door on the wire but was concerned that the seal might ultimately deform and create an air leak/whistle. Not that I'm likely to hear it in a cab.
Thanks again. Oh and you're definitely a high-quality nut-bar

Last edited by Verde; 09-09-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added a section
Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy, you are a tinkering freak Nice job though.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I'm not nearly as handy as Stacy is, so I just ran it under the door and gently closed it. I'm guessing that as long as the cord is flat, there is enough flexibility in the rubber to prevent significant pinching.

Thanks again!

Jay

Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Flying Cat is infamous around these partsFlying Cat is infamous around these parts
I simply roll down driver side window 1/2 way, and connect battery maintainer cable to lighter outlet in center console.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
That is just not sufficiently complicated to be a good answer. Simple, effective, reversible, just about perfect. Nope, all wrong

Originally Posted by Flying Cat
I simply roll down driver side window 1/2 way, and connect battery maintainer cable to lighter outlet in center console.