997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

i am out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am out.

After owning the 2008 P-911 C2S for two years, I finally sold the car as of last friday. It was a very hard decision for me to make but I did it as I am planning the next phase in my life <family>. This will allow me to save more before we have a baby sometimes in the next 12-16 months. From Carerra to Carriage - not the ideal situation, but i have been lucky enough to enjoy a Cayenne S and Carerra S in the last 5 years. The 911 is definately one of my favorite cars I have had and look forward to getting one in 2-3 years again. Until then, adios.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:00 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Sad day!

Jason

Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Raja,

Sorry to see you sell your car. I hope you still come around and share your wisdom with us from time to time.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:39 AM
talkinghead is on a distinguished road
Glad to see someone with their priorities in line! Cars are temporary self-indulgence, family is forever! Good luck Raja!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
bjandeleit is on a distinguished road
Hi Lil Raja:
Congrats to your new baby the most wonderful gift and worth more than any P-car (IMHO).
~ Bernd

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
no doubt, i will be around to keep an eye on what's coming up next and who is modding etc. I have met some really nice peoploe here whom has become really good friends over time.

As for the car, yes it's sad - but i want to be able to save more, so when we have a kid and if my wife decides she does not want to work anymore, I will be able to afford things etc. I also felt guilty sometimes having this car as it was a decent amount of $ and i didn't get to drive it everyday. As i was working and from where I come from (Bangladesh) there are people who don't have food to eat on regular basis. I am thankful enough to have the opportunies in life to enjoy these things, but now Family is the new game in town for me.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Sorry to see you let go of your car. Hopefully you'll be back in one soon. Funny that change in life with possible baby coming is the reason you're letting go of the car as the introduction of the first baby in my life is one of the primary reasons I came into my 997. I know your situation is a little different but interesting nonetheless that baby or potential baby makes on our decisions. I had a MB AMG roadster for the last few years (two seater) and as my son approached his 6 month birthday this last spring, it dawned on me that I couldn't ever take the weekend fun car out with both my son and wife. I always wanted a 911 and I knew it had small seats in the back which my newborn/small child could fit in and that's what brought me around to buying my car.

Anyhow, hope you stay around on these boards and can get back into a 911 when the time is right. End of the day, when you and your wife have your child and you hold the little guy/gal for the first time, it'll be the beginning of one of the most cherished moments in you and your wife's future.

Last edited by JoeShark; 09-10-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
GTSilver997 will become famous soon enough
Nothing to be sad at all. A 911 is nice, but having a family (if that's what you want) is much more rewarding. To me, life is full of compromises...but you chose the path that suits you now.

There will always be better 911's. It's only been evolving for the last 40 years, and I'm sure that the next one you get will be better than the last. Congrats on the next stage of your life!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with your new life Raja, it was good having you on the boards the last two years

Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Im sorry to see you go but Im sure you will be back.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
i'm sure we'll see you back sooner than 2 yrs !

Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
After owning the 2008 P-911 C2S for two years, I finally sold the car as of last friday. It was a very hard decision for me to make but I did it as I am planning the next phase in my life <family>. This will allow me to save more before we have a baby sometimes in the next 12-16 months. From Carerra to Carriage - not the ideal situation, but i have been lucky enough to enjoy a Cayenne S and Carerra S in the last 5 years. The 911 is definately one of my favorite cars I have had and look forward to getting one in 2-3 years again. Until then, adios.

Family is a big step and for sure you have your reasons but as I am (my wife ) waiting now for my second child to appear and first one (3.5 years) adores our 'Sally' (reference to Pixar`s 'Cars') - I se no family interference whatsoever.

So I could understand financial reasons but family by itself got nothing to do with driving 911 or not, IMHO. 2008 car is still practically new, it is much easier to get used camry or accord as second DD option and keep 2008 997.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on the new baby! You can always get another car. let us know what and when you're having the new arrival!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA

I don't understand why a person decides to have a family and has to sacrifice his dearest possession. In fact i say "he" because I think women are a lot smarter . In fact the traditional prerequite is a rock (diamond engagement ring ) which can cost as much as his used Porsche and they are just as concerned about the financial savings which go into having a baby . Plus I don't see anything wrong with either gender treasuring their possessions .

I wish you well in your next step even though I can't relate to how you are going about it with the Porsche sale.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
get a panamera

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i am out.