997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Seat Belt Warning Chime

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Koby
i'm in Hong Kong, and frankly i think the only thing they care about here is if you can make it back to spend more money on something else....
And here I thought that was the American Way! What's going on over here? We're losing it.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
I find people get **** about this question when ever it posted on any site.. we all know it's the law and that you need to wear it yada yada.. but to answer the question without preaching or prejudes then yes you need the PIWIS system to turn it off..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Probably some indi shop may do it, if a dealer won't.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 AM
porscheman1963 will become famous soon enough
Here's my simple solution !!

Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porscheman1963
Here's my simple solution !!
No, it is horrible. Point was not about how not to use seat belts, point was exactly as defined - to stop car from making silly noises when you are not driving faster than 10mph and have to drop seat belt off temporarily.

Knowing now that this is an adjustable feature I wonder - can anybody with pro durametric cable reach to this setting?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for ur input, smart guy but I am showing the OP how to eliminate the chime with a simple solution of popping the tongue piece into the buckle, not the most convenient but simple. Thanks

Originally Posted by utkinpol
No, it is horrible. Point was not about how not to use seat belts, point was exactly as defined - to stop car from making silly noises when you are not driving faster than 10mph and have to drop seat belt off temporarily.

Knowing now that this is an adjustable feature I wonder - can anybody with pro durametric cable reach to this setting?

Last edited by porscheman1963; 10-23-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Muf
Muf is on a distinguished road
And how about disconnecting the contact? This helped on my Jag XJS. (I still wait for my 997 to arrive so I cannot test it) :-)

Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Koby will become famous soon enough
.. so took a closer look into how the chime on mine works, and the alert starts after i top 25 km/hr .. up until then the display is red in color and has an icon and seat belt warning message... hope you guys are ale to find someone to reprogram it... will also ask my technician (taking my car in for service weds) if there is an easy fix...

Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for ur input, smart guy but I am showing the OP how to eliminate the chime with a simple solution of popping the tongue piece into the buckle, not the most convenient but simple. Thanks

Where were you able to find spare "tongue piece"? Would be handy at track when wearing harness - been putting rear belt in buckle because didn't find source for part without buying belt also. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.xerayusa.com/16inchseatbeltextender.php

You will need the 7/8" tongue piece

Originally Posted by obsessed
Where were you able to find spare "tongue piece"? Would be handy at track when wearing harness - been putting rear belt in buckle because didn't find source for part without buying belt also. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
All this hostility for a simple question.

PIWIS and Durametric 6.0 can both access the programming for the seats. Any part of the car that has a control unit has coding programmed in flash RAM that can be accessed. So to answer the OP's question, yes you can shut off the chime, and you don't need to go to the dealer to do it. If you are in the Wisconsin area some time, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2009, 09:49 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
http://www.xerayusa.com/16inchseatbeltextender.php

You will need the 7/8" tongue piece
Thanks, didn't think to look for extender to cut it out of. Actually with your lead, I found the extender to remove the buckle for only $10 on E-bay.

Last edited by obsessed; 10-24-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 AM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Hey bbywu, I tried to do that with the professional durametric I have and it didnt seem to work, it said the control modules I have are not supported or something of that nature....my car is a 2008... Any input would be appreciated.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I hate my chime as well. Not so much when I'm reminded to complete the process while doing my usual LeMans start ( force of habit, 100% of the time), but the volume is loud and the really annoying thing is when I'm getting my credit card out or putting it back at the airport parking exit, drive through, etc.
Inserting it, using a dummy end, or putting it behind the back doesn't cut it in those situations. I admit to getting overly annoyed at that stuff, so I suppose I'm in the outlier/complainer group, so I'll be watching for info on a solution like Durametric...
TIA
Jack

Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 AM
RandyP will become famous soon enoughRandyP will become famous soon enough
The Durametric Professional kit fixes it. Steep price though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Warning Chime