997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PCM 3.0 question: What is TP volume?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
PCM 3.0 question: What is TP volume?

On the "sound" menu if you hit "options" the top right of the PCM screen has an adjustment for TP volume? Below that is guidance volume and then ringtone volume.

I experimented with it and still couldn't figure out what it is. I searched through the PCM manual and found nothing.

??

Thanks
DRP

Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Traffic Program. May or may not work in the US - hard to get a straight answer from anywhere. If it does, it will be traffic info over FM - and possibly should auto-switch to the source. Not well documented in the Manual.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
In Europe it works by interrupting the FM or Cd giving traffic info. I have never got it in either NC or TX and I always had it on. I don't believe it works or will ever work at all in the US for a simple reason-It's free.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John McLane
In Europe it works by interrupting the FM or Cd giving traffic info. I have never got it in either NC or TX and I always had it on. I don't believe it works or will ever work at all in the US for a simple reason-It's free.
LOL! That's funny. I'll be driving with the TP volume up and my hopes high!

Thanks guys.

DRP

Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Well, let us know if you ever hear anything. I'd love some free service in this country...

Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drspeed
On the "sound" menu if you hit "options" the top right of the PCM screen has an adjustment for TP volume?
See this post:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ml#post6973740

Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Very nice write, thanks