997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

OT- **Live** Video Of the Bugatti Veyron Being Driven Into the Water!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking OT- **Live** Video Of the Bugatti Veyron Being Driven Into the Water!

You all have seen the video aftermath of the moron who drove the Veyron into the salt marsh?

Here is it happening in realtime (un-fricken-believable timing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDfCuhyopkI

You will not believe your eyes.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
lakercarrera is on a distinguished road
did he really say that the veyron was a lambo, lol at his comments though

Old 11-17-2009, 07:17 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Unbelievable, everyone has a video camera these days!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I think it's funny (or really effing stupid) to blame a pelican for him dropping his phone. Gee, it wasn't him screwing around on the phone itself?

I didn't even see a bird in that video.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
kungfufishing will become famous soon enough
that is one of the worst things i've seen that didn't involve actual harm to anyone. I mean, at first I laughed, and then I thought about how I would feel if my porsche went swimming.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
listen the recession is in full effect, it looks like a insurance job to me, he wasn't even going fast..... i'm train in estimated travel speeds, tops 90-100 mph.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:48 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
The is supposedly the backstory-

"Driver has been identified being Andy House, the owner of Performance Auto Sales in Lufkin, a company that restores wrecked exotics.

Couldn't spot the pelican he claimed causing him to swerve as he said earlier. The man's handphone had slipped out of the car's centre console and he reached to retrieve it from the floorboard, Houston Chronicle reported.

When he sat up, he was startled by a pelican flying low alongside the Bugatti and the front tire subsequently strayed onto the shoulder of the road.

The man couldn't regain control, the police told Houston Chronicle. There were no indications that the driver was speeding."

I know if I were his insurance company I would be looking at this claim REALLY closely There is certainly NO pelican in that video. Hmmmm

Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Wink

Originally Posted by sayboy
The is supposedly the backstory-

"Driver has been identified being Andy House, the owner of Performance Auto Sales in Lufkin, a company that restores wrecked exotics.

Couldn't spot the pelican he claimed causing him to swerve as he said earlier. The man's handphone had slipped out of the car's centre console and he reached to retrieve it from the floorboard, Houston Chronicle reported.

When he sat up, he was startled by a pelican flying low alongside the Bugatti and the front tire subsequently strayed onto the shoulder of the road.

The man couldn't regain control, the police told Houston Chronicle. There were no indications that the driver was speeding."

I know if I were his insurance company I would be looking at this claim REALLY closely There is certainly NO pelican in that video. Hmmmm
exactly!!!!!!!!!:eek :

Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow, I am sure that the insurance company is reviewing the video. If it is a scam, the insurance company has a lot of reasons to fight this one, about 1.7 million!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Wow, I am sure that the insurance company is reviewing the video. If it is a scam, the insurance company has a lot of reasons to fight this one, about 1.7 million!
+1 rep for that....1.7

Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 AM
RedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enoughRedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enough
Wow...I can't believe someone caught this on film.

The video poster might receive a bribe to remove the video so the pelican can remain the cause of the accident.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RedlineMotrwrks
Wow...I can't believe someone caught this on film.

The video poster might receive a bribe to remove the video so the pelican can remain the cause of the accident.
I think the video poster should have done a U-TURN and told the fellow(from a distance) that he HAD a video....then and only then he would be getting a bribe.......NOW........I doubt it!

Stacy

Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
No pelicans seen here either.

Most likely he was too busy looking at the car filming his cool self that he didn't realize that he was drifting off the road until it was too late.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Weasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really nice
Originally Posted by docdan
No pelicans seen here either.

Most likely he was too busy looking at the car filming his cool self that he didn't realize that he was drifting off the road until it was too late.
Maybe it's the camera perspective or maybe it's just me, but I didn't see any sign of the Bugatti driver making any attempt to correct after he left the paved road surface. Almost looks like he passed out or intentionally drove into the drink. Wierd....

I didn't see a pelican -- but if ever faced with having to choose between even a few million pelicans (much less one) or my $1.7M Bugatti, I wouldn't have to think about it at all. Well, that's not entirely true -- I'd be worried about the crap they'd probably splatter all over on my clearcoat as I plowed through 'em.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:07 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Weasel
Almost looks like he passed out or intentionally drove into the drink. Wierd....
+1 I think this was an intentional publicity stunt of some sort. Just too coincidental that he fixes wrecked exotics for a living and there just happened to be someone shooting video at the same time...and of course no pelican. It has great shock value and everyone is going to know his name after this or at least seen the video.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT- **Live** Video Of the Bugatti Veyron Being Driven Into the Water!