997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does anybody actually prefer Supple Leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
FB123 is on a distinguished road
Does anybody actually prefer Supple Leather?

Personally can't stand the way it makes the seats look - like they're already frumpy from the factory. Why would you pay more for this? Are there any advantages??

Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I don't even know how its different? What does supple mean? Softer?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I dislike the look of supple leather.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Supple leather automatically means that the car has full leather and that's why it costs more. I personally don't care for it but if I were a used car shopper a car with supple leather often reveals an older more mature owner . Supple was very popular in the mid 90's which implies that the owner has been a repeat Porsche owner and simjply retained an old school style.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
my main complaint is that supple leather doesn't wear as well. After 30K miles it starts to show creases, especially if not cared for properly.

to Axxlrod - seats with supple leather have additional leather in the middle inserts (i.e. the middle parts of the seats, as opposed to the surrounding parts, have extra material). One might call them poofy looking.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
FB123 is on a distinguished road
I think all leather seats start to show wear by 30k miles.. it's just that the supple seats STARTED looking rumply and worn.. and they only get worse from there! Is there any comfort benefit?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
I prefer supple leather (though didn't realize until the car I found happened to have it). The main reason why is that I HATE perforated leather. To me, it is a bunch of holes that you just wind up seeing the side of the leather in each hole. This is particularly noticable on black leather.

But hey, I'm the first to admit, strange things bother me....

Either way, I defintely appreciate the "full leather" option. It dresses up one the weaker attributes of 911's. Of course ANY 997 interior is WAY better than the 996...

Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Here's a nice example of supple leather in terracotta. I agree with Larry -- it definitely makes a 997 interior look more old school (not a bad thing, just different).

Attached Images   
Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Jogging my memory -- back in 1995 with the 993 there weren't all these seat choices like now. In fact there wasn't even an "S" --just a base 993 . Even the Turbo didn't arrive until 1996 .

So the seats were a standard seat and with "full leather" the seat was hard . I didn't have full leather BTW . I had partial leather manual seats . I suppose Porsche must have come up with the idea to offer supple leather to add a dimension to the comfort seat . The car was so basic back then . Memories !!!!! My first 911 !!!!

The 997 really burst onto the seat offering scene with many choices --even more than the 996 , and better !!!!

Yet the older and more traditional owners never forgot supple and Porsche didn't let them down . Even though I like the more modern choices I am glad that Porsche kept this .

Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
supple leather

My dad had many Cadillacs in the 60s, 70s and 80s......my wife drives an Escalade, and I sold a 2007 Lexus SC430 for my current 2009 triple black Carrera............. The black interior looks ok and looks like it will wear well, but I have no complaints about "supple" leather used in luxurious interiors. It is not a bad thing.............

Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Jordan711 is on a distinguished road
I like the supple leather option too, but it's also b/c I HATE perforated leather. It just seems cheaper to me somehow. I wish Porsche would offer a leather option that is snug, form-fitting, and non-perforated.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I personally hate supple leather and it would even be a deal breaker for me. I've never understood how any one can like it because it just looks so old right off the showroom floor, and by old I don't mean retro, just worn and loose.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
<<I personally don't care for it but if I were a used car shopper a car with supple leather often reveals an older more mature owner.>>

Does this mean that the owner thought it would fix his hemorrhoids ?? Ha ha ha

Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Jogging my memory -- back in 1995 with the 993 there weren't all these seat choices like now. In fact there wasn't even an "S" --just a base 993 . Even the Turbo didn't arrive until 1996 .

So the seats were a standard seat and with "full leather" the seat was hard . I didn't have full leather BTW . I had partial leather manual seats . I suppose Porsche must have come up with the idea to offer supple leather to add a dimension to the comfort seat . The car was so basic back then . Memories !!!!! My first 911 !!!!

The 997 really burst onto the seat offering scene with many choices --even more than the 996 , and better !!!!

Yet the older and more traditional owners never forgot supple and Porsche didn't let them down . Even though I like the more modern choices I am glad that Porsche kept this .
993 had full compliment of leather interior opt.s available along w/all seat options (except heat). 1995 launched C4, first all-wheel since 1989.
I have supple on most cars & prefer......to ea his own.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
swajames will become famous soon enoughswajames will become famous soon enough
I had supple leather on my prior 997, and I quite liked it too...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anybody actually prefer Supple Leather?