997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New 09 base vs CPO '07S and CPO 0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
South Florida has great climate and smooth roads but there also is the lowest common denominator of driver skill sharing those roads and whether one lives in a posh neighborhood or not -- any car is fair game to theives . In this economy and with this city having faced a huge freefall in real estate value and less jobs or pay cuts there is a air of financial despair. If ones car isn't dinged or dented then he might just face losing his xenon lights , wheels, ipod, or anything else of value . Owning a Porsche ANYWHERE requires being aware of ones surroundings at all times because it is someones full time job to take that car . After owning 8 Porsches I have learned that one must reimain aware and park only where thewre is security , cameras , and even then there is no guarantee .
I figure that the LCD driver is a hazard we all face, but you seem to be saying you must deal with not only dangerous destinations but anywhere you live is a dangerous origin as well. Damn, that is a special problem.

Trying to remember how they solve it in Medellin. Armed guards?

Old 11-24-2009, 05:44 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Owning a Porsche ANYWHERE requires being aware of ones surroundings at all times because it is someones full time job to take that car. After owning 8 Porsches I have learned that one must reimain aware and park only where thewre is security , cameras , and even then there is no guarantee.
I didn't mean to ignore this paragraph. We are always aware of our surroundings because it was our training to be so, but you're right that it is a very important aspect of owning any exotic. Lack of reasonable security is what I would consider one way to recognize a 'dangerous' destination. At least in these days and times.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
conscom will become famous soon enough
Cool

Originally Posted by simsgw
I didn't mean to ignore this paragraph. We are always aware of our surroundings because it was our training to be so, but you're right that it is a very important aspect of owning any exotic. Lack of reasonable security is what I would consider one way to recognize a 'dangerous' destination. At least in these days and times.
Yes, isn't it a sad world we live in that there exist the dregs of society whose only aspiration in life is to ruin others' pride of ownership - and in my case, having had to wait until retirement to own my first exotic car. Yes, sad times indeed!!