997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My two week old getting new snow shoes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
All ends well

Thank you for all the input. I had the TPMS sensors mounted winter tire/wheel package from Tirerack installed by a local tire shop. Everything went well. I really like the finish of the matt graphite silver O.Z. alleggerita's . It is light weight wheel that really looks durable. Also liking the feel of those closeout priced Michelin PA's for the 18" wheels. It felt softer and more normal in lower temp range compared to the stock summer tires (while I drove it back the temp was in the low teens). I am not liking the contrasting color of the stock lugnuts for these dark colored wheels. Thanks to Caymans2009 I have a few links to explore: http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...t=AccLugsLocks
http://www.colorlugs.com/categories.asp

The car had to be driven for a mile or so before it sensed the wheel swap (before that it did not even give me a winter wheel option when I was going through the TPMS reset right after the wheel swap). Even after it recognized the wheel swap it only gave me the winter wheel option that I chose with the lever but it did not further lead me to an 18" wheel option as the manual suggested. But after driving for a few miles while it kept saying TPMS learning do not act it suddenly said TPMS reset and then the TPMS indicator stopped glowing and all is well. Here are some pictures of the front and back wheels. They do line up quite well.

Attached Images     
Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
-Do you have any full shots of the car and wheels? those are awesome winter wheels, I would consider buying a set for the track depending on weights and how they look. Thank you for posting the pictures.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your wheels and what are the sizes you got? Feel free to PM if you rather talk through there.

Last edited by Misanors4; 12-10-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice looking wheels. The Black looks good on the grey

Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a full picture with the matte graphite silver wheels on a GT silver C4S.

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Cayman S 2009 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Here is a full picture with the matte graphite silver wheels on a GT silver C4S.
Nice.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
The car had to be driven for a mile or so before it sensed the wheel swap (before that it did not even give me a winter wheel option when I was going through the TPMS reset right after the wheel swap). Even after it recognized the wheel swap it only gave me the winter wheel option that I chose with the lever but it did not further lead me to an 18" wheel option as the manual suggested. But after driving for a few miles while it kept saying TPMS learning do not act it suddenly said TPMS reset and then the TPMS indicator stopped glowing and all is well. Here are some pictures of the front and back wheels. They do line up quite well.
Just swapped on my winter package and I am having a hard time reseting the tpms. Did it take you several tries?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes. It took a few tries and a few miles of driving. Just when it looked like the TPMS had reset,, the light would go off the next time I switched on the car and took it for a spin. After learning for a few times, the TPMS did reset. You'll be fine. Just turn on ignition and drive it for 2 to 3 miles. Do this for a couple of times and the system will reset and indicator light would not go off anymore. You will need to select the winter tire option when it eventually lets you do that.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info.