997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Product: Vorsteiner VGT Aerodynamic Package for Porsche Carrera MKII

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up New Product: Vorsteiner VGT Aerodynamic Package for Porsche Carrera MKII

Vorsteiner VGT Aerodynamic Package for Porsche Carrera MKII

The V-GT edition heritage continues onto the latest facelifted MKII Carrera models starting in 2010. An all-new aerodynamic package is both simple and elegant enhancing the design of the factory body lines without compromising quality and performance. The V-GT aero package will be available for the Porsche: C2, C2S, C4, C4S, Targa 4, Targa 4S & Cabriolet models.

Up front end the V-GT Carrera shows off a functionally designed front add-on spoiler constructed of pre-preg autoclave carbon fiber. The V-GT front spoiler extends the profile of the factory front bumper to improve downforce at high speeds and also houses integrated dual brake duct openings with a black protective mesh grill.

The rear end is complemented with a sporty carbon fiber rear add-on diffuser that fits perfectly over the factory rear bumper cover. The V-GT rear diffuser enhances the muscular appearance of the rear with 3 integrated diffuser fins paying homage to the racing history of the Porsche 911 series.

Optional items to complement the V-GT enhancements for the Carrera is a carbon fiber roof replacement which removes the factory sunroof saving 47lbs off the top of the vehicle and 19 & 20 inch forged wheels.

The V-GT aero package will be available worldwide starting in January 2010.

The parts are completely removable if you desire without damaging anything including the paint as they use factory hardware and mounting points to secure the products.
Additionally, the products will be available in a DVWP (dry vacuum woven plastic) if you desire.

Official Prices are as follows:

V-GT Front Add-On Spoiler Carbon Fiber MSRP: $1793
V-GT Rear Add-On Diffuser Carbon Fiber MSRP: $1533

For those interested we are offering special introductory pricing that will be discounted off the retail cost.
Please PM us for special pricing and availability in terms of pre orders.
Thanks

Robb

Attached Images      

Last edited by BRracing; 12-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
I saw this announcement at www.teamspeed.com a couple of days ago

It mentioned that natural black color was also available, just like OEM lip

What is the price for such material ?

Should be much cheaper than carbon

Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by carfan
I saw this announcement at www.teamspeed.com a couple of days ago

It mentioned that natural black color was also available, just like OEM lip

What is the price for such material ?

Should be much cheaper than carbon
If you read my post there will be a DVWP (dry vacuum woven plastic) option available for the customers that request it. It has a flat black type of finish to it that will look more OEM.
If you are curious about pricing please PM me and I will be happy to respond.
Thanks

Robb

Old 12-10-2009, 01:56 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks hooooottt!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:11 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
PM sent

Old 12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Koby is infamous around these parts
pm sent

Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Boost Gomez is infamous around these parts
Nice pieces but that rear diffuser doesn't look functional at all. The fins seem to just be tacked on.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRracing
Vorsteiner VGT Aerodynamic Package for Porsche Carrera MKII

Optional items to complement the V-GT enhancements for the Carrera is a carbon fiber roof replacement which removes the factory sunroof saving 47lbs off the top of the vehicle.
Robb- Great idea, 47lbs? Really?? Kudos to you guys for thinking of it. Details please? Pics? Price?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sayboy
Robb- Great idea, 47lbs? Really?? Kudos to you guys for thinking of it. Details please? Pics? Price?

Thanks
Sayboy, the biggest problem with the CF roof is the work itself. They have to strip all the interior and cut the roof/chasis and then install it. Trust me I thought of doing it as well, but it just wasn't worth it.

Here's a link to GMG's roof conversion:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-gt/165186-carbon-roof-conversion-please-dont-try-home.html

Last edited by sin911; 12-11-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Excuse my ignorance , but what does MKII mean?

Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Excuse my ignorance , but what does MKII mean?
Mark 2, or 997.2 if you want to be specific
Thanks

Robb

Old 12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by sin911
Sayboy, the biggest problem with the CF roof is the work itself. They have to strip all the interior and cut the roof/chasis and then install it. Trust me I thought of doing it as well, but it just wasn't worth it.

Here's a link to GMG's roof conversion:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-gt/165186-carbon-roof-conversion-please-dont-try-home.html
Just to let you guys know I just received a carbon roof for one of our customers and we will be compiling a whole write up on this and the effort that goes into it. Believe me for nothing else the look is worth it.
Thanks and happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Robb

Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Very nice.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Just to let you guys know I just received a carbon roof for one of our customers and we will be compiling a whole write up on this and the effort that goes into it. Believe me for nothing else the look is worth it.

Robb
Great! I would like to know how it is done Not that I am going to do it myself, but just to know the procedure...

Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute

Robb
Ah- dummy me, I thought it replaced only the sliding sunroof part of the roof sheesh. Wishful thinking I suppose...lol

In any event, I am looking forward to seeing pics and reading details of that install. Will be very curious how structural integrity is preserved?

A carbon fiber roof on a 997.2 would be sick...espceially if Meteor Gray color..lol

Thanks Robb and Sin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product: Vorsteiner VGT Aerodynamic Package for Porsche Carrera MKII