997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Durametric for Coding - Any experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Coochas will become famous soon enoughCoochas will become famous soon enough
I'm having some difficulties with the comfort window function although it is my first time coding.
I have pro version of the cable and v6 software scanning an 09 997 TT. I'm able to change the requisite functions per Schwabe's advice but it doesn't achieve the desired end result!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
calling up old thread re durametric- in my 07 911 turbo was able to turn off the seat belt chime (as shown earlier in this thread)- had issues trying to get my windows to go up/down when car locked with remote- finally got it working- just wanted to let folks know that to turn this on with pro model you follow coding under alarm to set comfort function window to active and also comfort function remote to active. However under left door & right door you must set the comfort closing and comfort opening to OFF - or inactive- earlier in thread it says to set to on but this is wrong- set it to off and your windows will close when you lock the car with remote and open when you open car with remote- (can also set sunroof if desired)-
hope this helps someone

Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 PM
cementhog is on a distinguished road
Durametric cable should be delivered next week. Reviewing these threads for capabilities. Was wondering why would one want the windows to roll down when unlocking doors?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Bgrpph, how do we get the sunroof to respond? Cant seem tofind the setting in the piwis. Windows already operate with the key fob.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cementhog
Durametric cable should be delivered next week. Reviewing these threads for capabilities. Was wondering why would one want the windows to roll down when unlocking doors?
If you live in the south or anywhere it gets really hot and sunny, it would be obvious to you. If you can deploy your windows 15 seconds before you get to the car, the temperature will be SOOOOO much nicer as it drops form 120 down to a mere 89-92.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Chasvs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TooSixy
Do your side markers blink in addition to the turn signals, or one or the other? I've read somewhere that someone said dealer told him either side markers or turn signals, but NOT both. Thanks.
One or the other. Just coded Side Markers to Turn Indicator and they are Off when the Headlight switch is turned on. Flash when the turn signal is on for that side.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Your image clicking no worky!?

Old 07-26-2018, 01:09 PM
malignancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bgrpph
However under left door & right door you must set the comfort closing and comfort opening to OFF - or inactive- earlier in thread it says to set to on but this is wrong- set it to off and your windows will close when you lock the car with remote and open when you open car with remote- (can also set sunroof if desired)-
hope this helps someone
THANK YOU! You are the only person I've found that has been able to figure this out with the windows! It's counterintuitive but changing them to off/inactive did the trick!

(Rep points added!)

Old 09-02-2018, 05:15 PM
floatingkiwi is on a distinguished road
Some cars are the opposite, some are like this. I've coded several cars that required opposite settings, and others that wouldn't do it no matter which way!!!
Coding "Manual" for reference. I haven't done any updates for a while: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1690443213

Old 09-05-2018, 10:46 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Hey Guys just picked up a 997.1TT and have a few options not enabled about to trade-in my Durametric cable for the pro version.

1)Windows and cabriolet top don't function when using the key in the door handle.
2)The Sports Chrono cant seem to get the "Chrono" to appear on the MFD menu
3) I think the audio and telephone information should also be in the MFD.

Can someone confirm these can be enabled with coding.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:18 PM
1 - not sure, haven't played with this.

2 and 3 yes.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:50 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
1 - not sure, haven't played with this.

2 and 3 yes.
Matt, I was able to make the coding changes after replacing my malfunctioning PCM2.1, I had my chime on above 75MPH for 2 weeks afterwards.
I referenced your table and saw there is a >75 MPH chime warning, I didn't turn it on.
A reset of the cluster fixed it and was able to turn off my DRL on a 997.1TT.
Thanks for the documentation extremely helpful.

Last edited by jayi836; 02-01-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by jayi836
Matt, I was able to make the coding changes after replacing my malfunctioning PCM2.1, I had my chime on above 75MPH for 2 weeks afterwards.
I referenced your table and saw there is a >75 MPH chime warning, I didn't turn it on.
A reset of the cluster fixed it and was able to turn off my DRL on a 997.1TT.
Thanks for the documentation extremely helpful.
Choice!! Nice to know it's helpful to someone!!

Old 04-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Targa4sg550 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a durametric years ago and not a fan. I have had the vagcom for my audis for over 19 years and for so little money I was able to program the sh-t out of my audis.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:33 AM
NaijaBerry is on a distinguished road
I bought my enthusiast version 6 years ago and quickly upgraded to a Pro, this is my 3rd Porsche since then and second 911 and I believe the tool has just about paid for itself. I have a $3,000 Autel and I have my DM Pro.

I was just quoted $600 for a rear control unit, shipping to my end would be another $120, so total of $720. After doing a bit of research here I found out that Durametric could code the rear control module, so I bought a used module for £110, fitted it to my car and coded it within seconds, everything that had stopped working was working immediately! This is a tool I've had for 6 years sitting on the shelf, now with savings of over $500 I think its overpaid for itself by now, as I've used it for my first 997.1 C2S convertible (worked on the faulty convertible top with it and sorted it), my 958 CTT and now my 997.1 C2, it will read modules and activate functions that my expensive tablet won't.

So reading this thread, I think I will explore even more

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric for Coding - Any experience?