997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Durametric for Coding - Any experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Durametric for Coding - Any experience?

I have the durametric pro cable and I'm trying to set a few things up on my 997.

I've been able to get the side markers to blink with the turn signals (very easy) and have enabled the CD changer for my Dension GW500.

I've found information that indicates that you can program the windows up and down with the lock button but the instructions I have don't appear to be working.

I'd like the following:

Windows up/down with lock unlock
DTRL controlable throuch PCM (Found and activated this option but it still won't let me control it through PCM - greyed out)

That's probably it, unless there is any other fun stuff I can mess with!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Do your side markers blink in addition to the turn signals, or one or the other? I've read somewhere that someone said dealer told him either side markers or turn signals, but NOT both. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Based on my software, you can either have them act as markers or blinkers.

There is no need to deactivate the front turns when activating the turn signals.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Luzy_V8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by atr911
I have the durametric pro cable and I'm trying to set a few things up on my 997.

I've been able to get the side markers to blink with the turn signals (very easy) and have enabled the CD changer for my Dension GW500.

I've found information that indicates that you can program the windows up and down with the lock button but the instructions I have don't appear to be working.

I'd like the following:

Windows up/down with lock unlock
DTRL controlable throuch PCM (Found and activated this option but it still won't let me control it through PCM - greyed out)

That's probably it, unless there is any other fun stuff I can mess with!

Any help would be appreciated!!
With the Durametric you can also deactivate the seatbelt chime, but I do not know exactly how to do, because I've never seen the menu of the tool. Is it self-explainable ?

Would be great if you could share some "step-by-step how to's".

I'm also close to buy the prof version of the Durametric, but I am still a little hesitant because of the price. Still seeking for a bargain, even if it is a used cable. On the other hand I am convinced it will pay off relatively fast, especially if you are outside the warranty period.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Here is the code for the windows and doors. Once for using the key fob and once using the key in the door lock. Has to be done for each foor and each key.

Windows open/close with the key in the door lock

First CU (Required for all window options):

CU = PAS

Coding => Comfort via radio remote control => (Currently set to lock or inactive) => Change to Release (Note: The wording maybe "Active" depending on PIWIS version but for all Release = Active and Inactive = Lock).
Coding => Comfort function Window => As above set to release
Coding => Door and Window Comfort Function => As above set to release for each key required.

Windows open/close using the remote control

OK back to the window functions, the next steps have to be coded for each door separately so I will only list it once:

CU = Drivers Door / Passenger Door:

(Window Open)
Coding => Open Comfort => Set to release as before
(Window Close)
Coding => Close Comfort => Set to release as before

Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I actually used your information to attempt to program the window up down feature and found a limitation in the durametric software. I called them and they told me that the individual key modules will be available for modification in the next release of their beta software in the next few weeks. I'll have to wait to try then!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:19 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TooSixy
Do your side markers blink in addition to the turn signals, or one or the other? I've read somewhere that someone said dealer told him either side markers or turn signals, but NOT both. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jgO-bkkqI

Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Luzy_V8
With the Durametric you can also deactivate the seatbelt chime, but I do not know exactly how to do, because I've never seen the menu of the tool. Is it self-explainable ?

Would be great if you could share some "step-by-step how to's".
Very easy:

Old 01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Luzy_V8 will become famous soon enough
Looks bulletproof.
Thanks bbywu.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
While 6.0B does require the "pro" version of the cable, and software is beta, it looks very promising as it does many of the basic maneuvers previously required PST2 or PIWIS.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Thank bbywu for the Youtube video.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbywu
Very easy:

Very Easy how? Which of those is in charge of the seat belt chime? Is it 'belt buckle'?

Now if only there was some coding option for the service/maintenance reminder in the instrument cluster so we could set when the next reminder notice comes up (rather than default to a useless 2 years/20k miles after the reset).

Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minok
Very Easy how? Which of those is in charge of the seat belt chime? Is it 'belt buckle'?
Belt buckle, driver side. Click from yes and change to no.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Any possibility that this could be used to modify the speeds at which the automatic rear spoiler is extended and retracted?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
If I understand correctly, the Pro version of Durametric is required, and must have the 6.0 beta on it, right? That Enthusiast kit won't allow the same level of coding? If so, that sucks, as the Durametric site led me to believe that the only difference between the Pro and Enthusiast is the # of VIN's it can work on.

Any info is appreciated!
CATTMAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric for Coding - Any experience?