997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RUF Data please....anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
RUF Data please....anyone?

I would love to see some real data or videos of a 997.1 RUF Kompressor Conversion on a normal 997.... not an actual RUF vin car etc... Just the Kompressor Conversion (none turbo) .....does anyone have any info of the noted? So much money (25-28K?) and just curious what one gets above stock performance speaking. Thanks all.....

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-08-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
I believe there was a very positive review in Excellence Magazine about 2 years ago. Got me looking closely as the price at the time was about $15k. With the exchange rate and inflation, it's gone up much more. I don't doubt the Ruf quality but I'm in the process of going the turbo route with TPC Racing. And I expect the performance will be better and for much less money.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
15k?

I think even then it was much more.... but could be wrong. If it were 15K today sign me up... I would fork that over asap for a straight forward 997.1 Kompressor Conversion...RUF if your stumble across this thread let me know I will keep all pricong confidential of course!!!

any other comments please feel free to chime in..... would love to read that article.. I have been getting Excellance for a few years and do not remember any such article but could have missed it. Thanks

Originally Posted by MarathonBob
I believe there was a very positive review in Excellence Magazine about 2 years ago. Got me looking closely as the price at the time was about $15k. With the exchange rate and inflation, it's gone up much more. I don't doubt the Ruf quality but I'm in the process of going the turbo route with TPC Racing. And I expect the performance will be better and for much less money.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
You can search for articles on the Excellence website at http://www.excellence-mag.com/back_issues.php

It looks like the September 2006 edition had the article based on the description.

Or you can look at the TPC Turbo thread for what's happening in 2010!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mickfluff
I think even then it was much more.... but could be wrong. If it were 15K today sign me up... I would fork that over asap for a straight forward 997.1 Kompressor Conversion...RUF if your stumble across this thread let me know I will keep all pricong confidential of course!!!

any other comments please feel free to chime in..... would love to read that article.. I have been getting Excellance for a few years and do not remember any such article but could have missed it. Thanks
I think some european guy was asking about it on rennlist and he claimed total price to be in area of $35K. to me it is somewhat questionable - why to spend so much if you can use VF-E charger or TPC turbo for half of this price.