997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!!! The VF Supercharger transformation begins……

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well guys bad news for Vinnie last night! I had to send him home without his car!
We went out did some pulls(I have 8 pulls)...we averages around 385 netRWHP with the Gtech,which is real close to my(401) readings.....especially since Vinnie has STOCK exhaust and AWD.Then all of a sudden our Durametric readings on the O2 sensors go wonky and the car loses 30-40 netRWHP!
I sat here until 3 am working and analyzing his car......
The car runs HARD and smooth until our O2 sensors get HOT,or at least it seems like that is when all of this happens!
AND it is all the O2 readings not just one.
It is really weird....we will do a pull get some good numbers then like I said we lose the power....then after a bit we are BACK to good readings!
I really am thinking that Vinnie has a bad O2 sensor(s) here somewhere and when the O2's get GOOD and HOT they/it is NOT reading properly....I am going to pull the O2's and hit them with a heat gun and check them that way.

Will keep you posted......BTW wish Vinnie a 'Happy Birthday' today...!

Stacy
On the day his car was to leave he showed up and we were rushed to put a new MAF in and do some data logging runs..so on that day we didn't get a lot of seat time driving and comparing his car to mine...so I wasn't 100% comfortable letting the car go.......
Well guys I have been looking over and comparing my Durametric charts with this exact set-up with Vinnies charts.....something I never had the chance to do when Vinnie picked up his car and they are SOOOO close to my results that I think I may have been a bit over cautious!
What was throwing me off is his MAF reading (lower) than mine was.....even when stock!
The thing is his car came to me with a lower MAF reading and is going to leave with the lower reading.
I also wasn't sure of one of his O2 readings and again(once I went back to one of my 65 pulls) MY readings with the exact same set-up were almost exactly the same right down to exhaust temps(+20 degrees hotter in Vinnies possibly due to stock cats) !
Thank GOODNESS I did so much data logging with my car!

So the drop in power,IMO,can be attributed to the fact we go out do a HARD pull.....we then pull over and save the data log and that is causing the under hood temps to get hot due to NO air flow through the car.So where we are noticing this drop in power is when we take off again with these HIGH temps under the hood and the car is compensating for that on the next pull !
The IAT(intake air temp) sensor is BEFORE the intercooler so the car is thinking it is seeing some really HOT HOT temps when in reality the intercooler is cooling them.....non-the-less the car is compensating for that high temperature!
Kinda like what is discussed on the forums when doing dyno pulls with no air flow!
So when you think about it....makes sense !

I experienced all of this with mine too BUT never thought anything of it,BUT when you are playing with someone else's car...your senses are a lot more heightened.....So I just got off the phone with Vinnie and explained to him that I am a EMBARRASSED that I sent him home that day WITHOUT his car and he is welcome to pick it up anytime.....
Better safe than sorry BUT still I am soooo embarrassed !

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-17-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy, I don't think you should be embarassed. You have worked hard and you have over analyzed this in the pursuit of perfection.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:46 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I agree with Ed. And IMO there is no reason to feel embarrassed about being conscientious. It is a reflection of your integrity. Congratulations on determining the real cause. That was a reflection of your tenacity and perseverance.

OK OK, that is enough compliments for the next year LOL.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=NorthVan;2805871]Your 41, wow no wonder your for head is expanding!

Ed,

LOL.......eh

Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Wow!!!

All I can say is the last few days have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. But one thing I can say is FI is a night and difference from NA. Getting behind the wheel and getting to feel how the car pulled was awesome. It feels unbelievable the way you get pulled back into the seat when you put your foot down, but when you're just driving around casually you don't really even notice that your FI'd.
In respect to not getting to bring my car home on Thursday it was a bit of a letdown . But it's always better to be safe than sorry. I gained a lot of respect for Stacy knowing that he would not send me home with a finished product he wasn't 100% happy with. This is the type of commitment I had expected from Stacy and he concreted my thoughts of his integrity when he didn’t let me leave that night. It makes it all that much better when I actually get to take my car home. It will all work out and be worth it in the end.
On another note...I'm really beginning to think Stacy is having a serious withdrawal issues though and doesn't want to let go of the FI and has taken my car hostage. I don't think his local MA (Modaholics Anonymous) meetings aren’t helping him, I think we need to all get together and have an intervention. I'm going to call the Betty Ford Centre and see if the have any programs available.

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Congratulations Vinnie. I'm sure you'll be as impressed with your car's performance as I was with Stacy's car. Now you'll need some good radar and laser protection.
We'll go for a ride next time you’re in town. A Jammer is next on the menu but I'll have to wait till the dust settles on the recent upgrade$....Wife's putting her foot down for now but her birthday is coming up

Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Welcome to the FI club Vinnie. You're very lucky to have Stacy close by and unable to resist wrenching on your car. And in my limited driving experience with the TPC turbo, I absolutely agree with Ken's advice on the radar/laser protection!

Congrats to you to Bob! I would have never even considered embarking on this upgrade if it hadn't been for Stacy's involvement, I was lucky to have him do this for me.

Thanks! Paul and Ed for your earlier input on the O2 sensors.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
All I can say is the last few days have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. But one thing I can say is FI is a night and difference from NA. Getting behind the wheel and getting to feel how the car pulled was awesome. It feels unbelievable the way you get pulled back into the seat when you put your foot down, but when you're just driving around casually you don't really even notice that your FI'd.
In respect to not getting to bring my car home on Thursday it was a bit of a letdown . But it's always better to be safe than sorry. I gained a lot of respect for Stacy knowing that he would not send me home with a finished product he wasn't 100% happy with. This is the type of commitment I had expected from Stacy and he concreted my thoughts of his integrity when he didn’t let me leave that night. It makes it all that much better when I actually get to take my car home. It will all work out and be worth it in the end.
On another note...I'm really beginning to think Stacy is having a serious withdrawal issues though and doesn't want to let go of the FI and has taken my car hostage. I don't think his local MA (Modaholics Anonymous) meetings aren’t helping him, I think we need to all get together and have an intervention. I'm going to call the Betty Ford Centre and see if the have any programs available.
Well Vinnie I am glad you understand me....I NEEDED to be 100 % sure that your charts were like mine and I even ran my car today(stock) to compare your stock charts to mine.....and in both cases(supercharged and stock) they are very identical!
I am NOW 110% happy to give you your car back!

I missed the FI today on one part of our long drive today.....
Without too many details,I managed to have fun with a crowd of sport bikes!
The FI would have definitely helped,LOL!

Stacy

Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
CrossingGuard is infamous around these parts
With the newest version of VF's setup, I would think that Stacy could make 15-20whp over what he did before.

When are you going to pickup another kit Stacy?

-CG

Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CrossingGuard
With the newest version of VF's setup, I would think that Stacy could make 15-20whp over what he did before.

-CG
That's mean. It isn't fair to play into Stacy's obvious weaknesses.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by CrossingGuard

-CG
I believe I could.........especially IF one could measure the IAT AFTER the inter-cooler.....and when you think about it...it would be an easy thing to do!
Where everyone measures the IAT's the air is engine bay hot even though the actual air going into the motor IS NOT...
The good thing is with the car THINKING that the ambient air is hot,it will run the car safer......I would think,however having a cooler reading would probably allow the car to keep more ignition timing...!?
NO/YES?

Originally Posted by keninirvine
That's mean. It isn't fair to play into Stacy's obvious weaknesses.
You are right Ken....that is just plain 'MEAN'.....!

Stacy

Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I downloaded the version 6 beta of Durametric and logged a run last night- I'll send it to you Stacy. Now at nearly 3k boosted miles, and the data looks very good. Not to mention the dyno
CATTMAN

Old 04-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Cattman
I downloaded the version 6 beta of Durametric and logged a run last night- I'll send it to you Stacy. Now at nearly 3k boosted miles, and the data looks very good. Not to mention the dyno
CATTMAN
Please so send it to me.......it has been some time since I have seen one of your charts!
Do you find the latest version of the Durametric software any different?

Stacy