997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I've dared the 997TT forum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 01:48 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
I will have to send a fleet of turbo caymans to whoop you
Lots of "Talk" here Casey.......I am SURE Cattman would love to take you up on that challenge...

BUT PLEASE make it YOUR BEST turbo Cayman,LOL!

Stacy

Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Cant see this from where i am but this should be a dynosheet of a stock 997TT(gen1) vs. our stage 2 cayman turbo on race fuel...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Heck no, I can't compete in that class and I know it- not by a longshot.

I am really just interested to see how I'd do against a stock 997TT. I know yours would eat me for lunch, Larry, but that's not the comparison I'm looking for- I've got more sense that that! Or at least I hope I do
CATTMAN
I'm not sure aboit the supercharged car but with a stock turbo the boost kicks in it's all over for the C2S. The Turbo just wails in third and forth gear.

The concern I see is that a 997S and even a Turbo is tested to OEM spec . Once it's modified one basically is taking it into unknown territory . These cars going near 200 and above are breaking new ground but it's not a Porsche test .

In short racing aTurbo would push both you and your car to it's limit and with that any driver or mechanical error poses a danger . I understand that you want to do this on a drag strp and that is the legal way to do it but just because its legal doesn't mean its safe. You might ask yourself .. its it worth it ?
You have 5 great years with your car .

If i thought it was safe and i thought you had a chance to win I might feel differently.

One thing you are learing though about challenging the guys on the Turbo forum .. even most there don't challenge each other. We respect each others cars and even if one may think his car is faster he doesn;t boast or call out the others .. because ALL the cars are fast and we all bought them because at heart we love the Hp. In short ..winning isn't everything .

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-06-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
That Cayman S Turbo is impressive based on that dyno, that's for sure. It's power/weight ratio must be fantastic, and with mid-engine balance would be a blast on track.

Based on that dyno, my car should be pretty even or slightly ahead of a stock 997TT. I've got more HP, and weigh less. However, they'd have the edge from a stop with AWD. Would certainly be interesting- that's why I want a real world head to head on a legal stretch.

I'd love to see your Cayman S Turbo, and drive one!
CATTMAN

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I'm not sure aboit the supercharged car but with a stock turbo the boost kicks in it's all over for the C2S. The Turbo just wails in third and forth gear.

The concern I see is that a 997S and even a Turbo is tested to OEM spec . Once it's modified one basically is taking it into unknown territory . These cars going near 200 and above are breaking new ground but it's not a Porsche test .

In short racing aTurbo would push both you and your car to it's limit and with that any driver or mechanical error poses a danger . I understand that you want to do this on a drag strp and that is the legal way to do it but just because its legal doesn't mean its safe. You might ask yourself .. its it worth it ?

If i thought it was safe and i thought you had a chance to win I might feel differently.

One thing you are learing though about challenging the guys on the Turbo forum .. even most there don't challenge each other. We respect each others cars and even if one may think his car is faster he doesn;t boast or call out the others .. because ALL the cars are fast and we all bought them because at heart we love the Hp. In short ..winning isn't everything .
It's obvious, and not up for debate about a stock 997s vs. a stock 997TT. That's never been the issue.

The issue I care about, and perhaps am alone in that, is my car vs a stock 997TT. That's all.

I am not challenging any individual, but want to see the 2 cars perform purely as a gearhead, not a swaggering pissing contest. Hope you're not implying that I am being that way, as my intent is purely from a non-ego based intellectual curiosity. Winning isn't everything, I agree. But as I said clearly, all I want to know is how my car, with it's mods, would compete against a stock 997TT.
CATTMAN

Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Cant see this from where i am but this should be a dynosheet of a stock 997TT(gen1) vs. our stage 2 cayman turbo on race fuel...

YUP impressive Casey...VERY impressive....that is a NICE piece of paper,LOL!
And the numbers look GREAT too!

I think,and correct me IF I am wrong John.....It is all about having fun!

We as Porsche owners should NOT have boundaries......and or classes,LOL!

Originally Posted by Cattman
That Cayman S Turbo is impressive based on that dyno, that's for sure. It's power/weight ratio must be fantastic, and with mid-engine balance would be a blast on track.

Based on that dyno, my car should be pretty even or slightly ahead of a stock 997TT. I've got more HP, and weigh less. However, they'd have the edge from a stop with AWD. Would certainly be interesting- that's why I want a real world head to head on a legal stretch.

I'd love to see your Cayman S Turbo, and drive one!
CATTMAN
Tell him to bring that BAD-boy out.......LOL!

Stacy

Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
C'mon, it`s such an old geezer talk, it gives me shivers. So you`ll wreck your priceless TT. So what? You can always buy a new one.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think what Larry is saying is people with fast cars don't have to prove they are fast.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I think what Larry is saying is people with fast cars don't have to prove they are fast.
I agree Ed,BUT because we all bought 'SLOW' cars (according to other forums) we do need to prove it,LOL!!!!

Couldn't resist!

Stacy

Old 04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Right, after you get a fast car you immediately lock it in the garage and never drive it, so it would remain fast.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
I agree Ed,BUT because we all bought 'SLOW' cars (according to other forums) we do need to prove it,LOL!!!!

Couldn't resist!

Stacy
Isn't that what the "S" means?

Old 04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Right, after you get a fast car you immediately lock it in the garage and never drive it, so it would remain fast.
Part right, when they are driven, they have to drive them really slow

Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
subscribed......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
i agree cattman - its just about seeing the capabilities of your car versus stock turbos...id like to see my 2010 pdk car with launch control versus a stock 996 turbo...i bet i can take him to 100..after that the extra turbo ponies will take over

no chance versus a 997 turbo...

Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I expect that most TT owners feel the same about not having to prove themselves as much as we non TT Porsche drivers feel about not having to prove ourselves with Nissan/Toyota/Honda drivers who want to test us at a stoplight. There is really no point to it.
But I understand Cattman's desire for a real life comparison. It is just curiosity, not an ego thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I've dared the 997TT forum...