997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Brake Pads and Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Alnoaimi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sin911
Would the shipping cost that much? I would ask them just to be sure...
That would be great. Thanks

Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
There maybe duties and import taxes, every country is different.
We dont pay taxes. We only pay customs fees which is 5% and its not on personal goodies. Also anything comes from the US is free of fees.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Saleh 911 is on a distinguished road
I am Glad you brought this subject up because I think I will have to change them on my 40K KM check,,,
Conceder me IN man

Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Saleh 911
I am Glad you brought this subject up because I think I will have to change them on my 40K KM check,,,
Conceder me IN man
U r always in

Old 04-15-2010, 04:27 AM
I got a quotation from a local shop for the front discs and pads $622.71
What do u recommend?

Old 04-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
The OE pads for your car are Textar's - these are available from various sources at circa half the usual stealer price. The OE discs are made by Sebro and are available from Euro Car Parts and Design911 in the UK (as are the Textar's) again for about half the stealer price. Both ship worldwide, I believe.

The 'bell' of the Sebro disks is painted, exactly as the Porsche-branded parts, so looks totally original too.

I have Sebro/Textar on the front of my car and can guarantee they work exactly the same as Porsche-branded parts, even when worked very hard indeed.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
The OE pads for your car are Textar's - these are available from various sources at circa half the usual stealer price. The OE discs are made by Sebro and are available from Euro Car Parts and Design911 in the UK (as are the Textar's) again for about half the stealer price. Both ship worldwide, I believe.

The 'bell' of the Sebro disks is painted, exactly as the Porsche-branded parts, so looks totally original too.

I have Sebro/Textar on the front of my car and can guarantee they work exactly the same as Porsche-branded parts, even when worked very hard indeed.
I checked design911, they a have a package for front discs and pads as well as the rear. Pretty good price. $550 aprox I think I'm gonna order the parts from them. Great respectful mates plus very good service. Thanks for the info mate

Old 04-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
No probs - I've bought several parts from them before and always found them very helpful too.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
Just this past week, I bought TEXTAR pads, SEBRO pad sensors, PORSCHE pad mounting hardware and SEBRO rotors. I was able to get everything installed in under 2 hours my first crack at it using a DIY I found online. Total cost me under $500 in parts + 2 hrs time. So far, I can't tell the difference visually or functionally on the car prior to the change.

The labor saving plus not paying a premium for porsche branded parts was insane.... dealership wanted close to $2000! Definitely do it yourself if you have the time to spare.

note: i've done some work on my cars in the past and already had the necessary tools to do the work myself. your experience with a wrench will obviously play a bit part in the time i takes for you to do the work. my recommendation is to buy some beer, and invite a friend who might be more mechanically inclined to sit in on the install.

good luck !

Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is an unknown quantity at this point
Notquitefob - where did you find textar and sebro discs ?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PORSCHEAUDIO
Notquitefob - where did you find textar and sebro discs ?
I really do not know why would anybody want to put 3rd party rotors instead of prooved to be perfect OEMs.

I just got new front rotors set - $311.54 from suncoast. rear rotors last forever.

front pads are $130, rear pads are $95. why even to bother to save $50 on all that? brakes are the most critical part of the car, I really do not understand the incentive to 'save' on them.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
PROSCHEAUDIO - I got them thru a friend who works for a local parts wholesaler. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't actually carry those parts, nor would they be available at the prices that I got them for.

UTKINPOL -

The SERBO rotors were identical to the "porsche" ones I replaced. After doing a bit of reading, it appears that SERBO makes the rotors that porsche re-badges and sells for a mark up. I'm all for buying OEM/factory parts, when necessary, but I'm not interested in getting bent over just because of the badge on the car. The TEXTAR pads were also well known OEM manufacturers for Porsche pads. I opted to buy porsche mounting hardware because I couldn't find conclusive evidence as to who makes the porsche ones.

As far as "savings," I got my rotors for 65 bucks a piece, and pads for 120 total all around. That's $380 for 4 rotors and 4 pads.... That's almost as much as you paid for a pair of front rotors alone. Add sensors and mounting hardware and you're still under $500 bucks for everything...

That said... if you got the $, and the hassle is not worth it to you, by all means go through the dealership. I personally like to work on my cars, and if I can save $ by being resourceful on parts while making safety my first priority, it just makes everything that much sweeter.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I called the distributor for the sebro and in fact they are not the same as the porsche factory rotors .
Also the textar pads are not the same as porsche oem pads .
I picked up my porsche oem pads and sensors yesterday.
I decided it is not worth the few dollars saved.
I do not want my brakes squeeking . It looks like my rotors are still good but i will buy oem rotors or upgrade to giro disc but probably oem since thney are so much less and perform great .

Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 AM
The factory pads are made in spain by JURID .

Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
There must be several OEM suppliers because I just checked my factory pads and they have "Textar" stamped on them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads and Rotors