997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:47 PM
cfos is on a distinguished road
You know Akim, I have to apologize. I was typing a reply and Fisher fell down. I stopped typing and starting and Fisher was down again. I guess I'll have to type softer or refrain from typing during the game as the air currents that are generated surely are affecting his balance. Fisher didn't quite play enough here for me to know that he is just a leaf in the wind. Here's to a 2-1 series!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:16 AM
AlexPod will become famous soon enoughAlexPod will become famous soon enough
i was stopped at a red light in san diego next to a trolly station at about 8pm with my top down (nice night out).

some guy with a backpack on waiting for his trolly felt the need to yell at me

"OHHHHH LOOK AT YOU! LOOOK AT YOU! YOU'RE SOOOOO COOL!!!"

i kinda ignored it then this:

"HEY I HOPE YOU CRASH AND DIE! I HOPE YOU F&^#KING CRASH AND DIE!"

then he turned around and walked away. some people, right?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 AM
djlod is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cfos
You know Akim, I have to apologize. I was typing a reply and Fisher fell down. I stopped typing and starting and Fisher was down again. I guess I'll have to type softer or refrain from typing during the game as the air currents that are generated surely are affecting his balance. Fisher didn't quite play enough here for me to know that he is just a leaf in the wind. Here's to a 2-1 series!
Jazz swept.
How do you like them apples?

Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
mike87 is infamous around these parts

Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 AM
akim47 will become famous soon enoughakim47 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by djlod
Jazz swept.
How do you like them apples?
i'm going to call you 1 liner dave... muahaha... let me know if u want to swap for wed...

Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
norton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura about
Many pcar owners bring it on themselves.....

I have owned several pcars and exotics and never had any problems with haters. I think it has to do with how you respond to people and their reactions to the cars. I realise that there is some jealousy, eny, etc. involved, but I hope you guys understand something-- while I would bet the majority of people on this site own their cars for the quality, performance, and semi-luxury the cars provide, there ARE those that own them merely for the shock, status, and air of wealth and exclusitivity that the cars and "the lifestyle" displays. I enjoy all those-- and truthfully, a bit of the wealth postering (hey--we all work hard and are semi-successful in our earning power and finances or we WOULDN'T be able to own a p-car!), but try to down play it a bit, too. When some guy says, "Gee, I wish I owned your car!", I respond with something like "I wish you owned it too-- with the payments!!!" or something similiar in jest. That way I hope I don't get judged like the old joke that maybe you have or haven't heard:

"What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? The porcupine has it's ****** on the outside!"

Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Your joke reminded me of this one which my co-worker insisted on telling me when he found out about my car:

A horse and a chicken are playing in a meadow. The horse falls into a mud hole and is sinking. He calls to the chicken to go and get the farmer to help pull him out to safety. The chicken runs to the farm but the farmer can't be found. So he drives the farmer's Porsche back to the mud hole and ties some rope around the bumper. He then throws the other end of the rope to his friend, the horse, and drives the car forward saving him from sinking!

A few days later, the chicken and horse were playing in the meadow again and the chicken fell into the mud hole. The chicken yelled to the horse to go and get some help from the farmer. The horse said, "I think I can stand over the hole!" So he stretched over the width of the hole and said, "Grab for my ***** and pull yourself up." And the chicken did and pulled himself to safety.

Moral of the Story: If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a Porsche to pick up chicks.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 AM
djlod is on a distinguished road
Great joke.
One of the best jokes I've heard in a while.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned
Edgy01 is on a distinguished road
The haters are spending all their available income on counseling. (Or should be). Ignore it. Remember, you're the one who gets to enjoy it everyday.

Dan

Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I know a thing or two about haters...

You did the right thing. I don't know if I could've restrained myself. I enjoy a spirited debate about my car when compared to another. What I've learned over the years is that people are going to think what they think. If they've never driven one, they'll never like what they don't understand.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:26 PM
MKBOX22 is on a distinguished road
I try to stay under the radar when I'm out in the Boxster. But when it looks this good, it's not easy. :-)

Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Sometimes one has to try to be classy...Anyone have a similar experience to this:
I drive my C2S today, great day outside, etc. Ok, I need to go to the barbershop for a haircut, so I go there in my porsche and park it in the front lot (first time ever at the barber, as I usually drive my beater for local errands, but was too lazy to go back home and change cars). Btw, I live in a primarily middle-class town.
While I'm getting a haircut, this young guy who's waiting for a haircut yells out loud "Hey, whose porsche is that in the lot?", so, after a few seconds, I mumble "mine". Then he asks "How much did something like that cost?" and I say, with a little laugh, "a lot" (I know, bad answer). Then, that's it, silence in the whole barber shop. Not another word from him or anybody about the car.

So, when I'm done and and paying at the register, I'm thinking to myself "Uh oh, I'm the guy with the Porsche, I better tip well!" So I did. I just felt like I had to... I gave $15 on an $11.95 haircut, lol. Most guys pay $12 ("you
can keep the nickel") or $13 max... Yep, them's the real prices here around Toledo.

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 05-15-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 PM
John L is on a distinguished road
probably two guys who rode the schwinns down to the local pub to drown their sorrows...who gives a crap what they think? Enjoy your car, it's sweet!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 PM
David4315 is on a distinguished road
Former M3 Owner

I have a C4S Cab now but had an E-46 M3 which was a great car. Honestly I love so many cars and find nearly all of then to be interesting. I'd love to drive the old E30 M3. I have to say as much as I admire the new Corvette, I simply don't have enough gold chairs to drive one. The bottom line is that these guys were ****** bags who have their phallus too wrapped up in their cars. They likely still live with their mothers to make their payments as well. When they grow up maybe they will own an enthusiast car or two and a house at the same time.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I never bought my car to pick up chicks - I'd have a problem with chicks that really cared that much about what you drove. I bought it for the simple reason that I like what it stands for from an automotive and historical standpoint. And yeah it does kick some ***.

Somewhere along the line, some jealous and insecure Americans got together and decided that people who drive Porsches are all d*icks without actually asking anybody why they owned them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Haters