997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S - Street Car 2 Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
cbzzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Well done sir, I applaud you for going all out! No one can say the car is a compromise street/track car any more!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:40 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Like Jason said at 155 I dont have much weigh to lose.. Im forumla 1 sized.. great for racing and karting!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Damn, damn damn! I'm in the same boat as you were before, on the fence on track/street. The only difference is your 150lbs and I'm 350lbs!!!

Hahahahahaha

Old 06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Wherd you get your body kit?

Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
krevster is on a distinguished road
Nice... going the full 9 yards with this! But if you want to get even leaner, try the p90x workout

Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You and Gomez are nut bars! Good for you and your dedication, I am no where close to doing this to my car.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by krevster
Nice... going the full 9 yards with this! But if you want to get even leaner, try the p90x workout
I already do it.. Im a lean mean driving machine

Old 06-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Shinto is on a distinguished road
What is the price difference between all of your renovations and buying a gt?

Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Once you start to see the true purpose of these cars you do crazy things to make them more pure and effective. And it's a lot of fun.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by gomez
Once you start to see the true purpose of these cars you do crazy things to make them more pure and effective. And it's a lot of fun.
Shinto,

The point is not to make a GT3, it will never be that.

The point is to make it the best tool for me to drive it on the track and have fun.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Shinto is on a distinguished road
Right, but I can't help but be curious, nonetheless.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:31 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
To answer Shintos question

it's still cheaper to build and run than a GT3 or Cup. Buy in is way cheaper and repair or replacement cost are way cheaper. Don't be fooled by people telling you it's the same as run a cup car or GT3. it's not.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Synergy Racing in VIR is one of the best in the business, and by far has the most experience modding 997's out of any shop I know.

The almost exclusively use 997 3.6 and 3.8 (ala Koni Challenge Cars) as a platform for the race/track cars they build.

They use these cars as they have a cheaper buy in and less expensive maintenance and replacement cost.

Racing and tracking is about having fun and controlling the costs.... that is what my objective is: To go as fast as I can on the least amount of $$$$

If I did this to a GT3, people would then just ask... "Why didn't you just get a cup car"???