997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My car has a garage buddy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Funny you said its not "Man enough" but the poster said it was his girlfriends new car. I'm happy to have bought an S but I doubt most people would poo poo a base either.

Nice pick up.
No, I think he said it was for his "wife"

Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
alan000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the compliments! Yep, my wife thought a base would be great for her (all the options certainly help make it a very enjoyable car). She was actually deciding between this and some older C2S cars (06, 07). She finally decided on this one b/c carrara white is her favorite 997 color, and as you guys know, finding a clean CPO in a sea of silver and blacks is near impossible. also, finding a white car WITHOUT a sand beige interior was a must!

Hopefully we'll bring her car back by mid-August, where it'll join my other baby, an 08 Cobalt Blue C2S. I was very lucky in finding her, too, as my wife had helped me during *my* search. It came with PCCB, sport shifter, super low miles, CPO, and a fire extinguisher . After our trip, I'll post a side-by-side pic of our cars. We both plan on getting the aerokit soon, too.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by porka
get a carrera s! the carrera isnt man enough!
Hehe funny you should mention that. Before she found this white one, she was thinking about taking my C2S and was encouraging me to buy a GT3! Man I was looking so hard at CPO's. I even created a thread asking opinions on a super clean GT3 at the Collection in Florida, but someone else bought it

Oh well... guess I'll have to wait till the '10 GT3s come down in price in several years

Originally Posted by socalsteve
I hope your joking-being sarcastic...

Maybe another way to approach this would be to congratulate the new owners of their very nice car and wish them well.

BTW, I own a C2 Coupe (non "S") and its plenty of car for me (and yeah, I am a 6' 5" 220 lbs man).

Unless you plan on tracking your car, a non "S" version for the street is plenty of car. In fact, I bet you dont even use 25% of its potential driving on the street (unless of course you like expensive speeding tickets).

Good luck, enjoy, and many years of happy and healthy driving!

Steve
Thanks for the kind words. I totally agree: even though I had the encouragement from the wife, I don't think I would have bought the GT3 (unless I got some crazy deal). I recently drove to the grocery store and stayed under 4k rpms the whole time. I realized that I would not enjoy a GT3 b/c I wouldn't get to push it on the street. Both versions of the 911 are plenty fast for me, and I think I would actually get bored/tired of the ride of a GT3 unless I track it or regularly go above 5k rpms , which I don't think I will on public streets. Still my dream car, though...

PS: I'm just glad she bought a manual. Now we are super impractical. All of our cars are manual only. Hope we don't sprain our left ankles anytime.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Congrats Alan .Beautiful looking car and a great choice.

I saw the Gt3 you were looking at . It was a used 07 but what caught my eye more was the new white Rs they have. It's very basic though and I wanted more options (like the grey one they also have).

Old 07-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks Larry,

I agree; my wife picked out a beautiful car. We were looking for quite some time, and the used market lately has been kinda shabby in terms of selection. She was deciding between this and an arctic silver C2S, but loved carrara white so much more...

The Collection does have some fine examples. Besides that white GT3, I was lusting after their black ~600? mile CPO(!) 2010 GT3. It was very basic, but what a great price (for a 2010). Naturally it sold pretty quickly. Too bad that bad boy's outta my price range.

Alan

Old 07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Alan, beautiful color combo & options -- congrats! You said you are bringing the car back mid-August... I have to clean out a storage unit by that time and I have a set of 997 clear side markers in there somewhere (an extra set of them was in the trunk of my car when I bought it). If memory serves, they're in good shape w/ amber bulbs and in OEM boxes. If you want them, at no charge, let me know and I can drop them off for you. I'm in Pas. at least once a week. -Anthony

Old 07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Congrats! Drive it lots!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by anthony
Alan, beautiful color combo & options -- congrats! You said you are bringing the car back mid-August... I have to clean out a storage unit by that time and I have a set of 997 clear side markers in there somewhere (an extra set of them was in the trunk of my car when I bought it). If memory serves, they're in good shape w/ amber bulbs and in OEM boxes. If you want them, at no charge, let me know and I can drop them off for you. I'm in Pas. at least once a week. -Anthony

Great! Clear corners would finish off the car most elegantly (and an easy first mod). Thanks for hooking us up! I'm free this week if you happen to have 'em or we can meet up after you clear up your storage. Just shoot me a PM or an email. Now, we just have to pester our sales advisor for some key fobs...

Alan

Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Originally Posted by alan000
Great! Clear corners would finish off the car most elegantly (and an easy first mod). Thanks for hooking us up! I'm free this week if you happen to have 'em or we can meet up after you clear up your storage. Just shoot me a PM or an email. Now, we just have to pester our sales advisor for some key fobs...

Alan
Not a problem Alan; it really is a "must" mod! It will probably be the middle of next month to be honest, but no later. If you can wait for them, I'll definitely pm you when I have them in hand. Later -Anthony

Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Alright! Back with the new toy! Took the "scenic" route from Houston to Dallas to Albuquerque NM, and finally back to L.A. Took the 187 to the 40W most of the way. Very few cops and traffic; the car definitely got its chance to stretch its legs Too bad it was so hot and humid. Definitely felt a loss in power. It was 106 in Houston (with high humidity--felt like a sauna) and 115 in Arizona!

The car had poorly applied clear bra over certain sections of the car. We removed most of it and gave it a good wash. Lotsa swirls and the interior had a fair share of scratches. Seems like the previous owner didn't know how to take care of it. Gonna have to polish them out next week with an orbital (shout out to Richard the Octaneguy--super detailer and extremely knowledgeable and helpful). If you live in SoCal, go to his clinics!

Attached Images      
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Last set of pics!

Attached Images    

Last edited by alan000; 08-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:05 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Alan,
Congtrats ....nice rides

Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Quite a pair in the garage! Congrats. Back when we were talking last year about the year to buy a new car - we see this dealer advertising '09's at 20% off MSRP. I love the way dealers use MSRP on USED cars - I've only seen this on Porsches. You could have bought the brand new car for 20% off. I wonder how close to advertised price these cars are rolling for.
Sorry to hear about the in person disappointments. The swirls should come out with the good polish. That's a bit of the tough part about distance buying - the pictures are hard to use for details. Anyway, I'm sure it will be enjoyable. 2 tickets to driving school is next!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:48 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Oh, tell your wife not to drive with sandals - drive barefoot. The sandal can get caught behind the brake pedal right when you need to brake in an emergency!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:12 AM
nota_troll will become famous soon enoughnota_troll will become famous soon enough
From one Cobalt Blue S to another I love white!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car has a garage buddy!!