997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My car has a garage buddy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Thanks for sharing the pics, alan. That's a nice pair of Porsches!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
alan000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ryem3
Quite a pair in the garage! Congrats. Back when we were talking last year about the year to buy a new car - we see this dealer advertising '09's at 20% off MSRP. I love the way dealers use MSRP on USED cars - I've only seen this on Porsches. You could have bought the brand new car for 20% off. I wonder how close to advertised price these cars are rolling for.
Sorry to hear about the in person disappointments. The swirls should come out with the good polish. That's a bit of the tough part about distance buying - the pictures are hard to use for details. Anyway, I'm sure it will be enjoyable. 2 tickets to driving school is next!
I agree that last year's prices were really compelling. I saw similar deals as you several months after I bought my '08. I couldn't believe I could have gotten a brand new '09 for not much more than my car. The only problem was finding a car with options/colors I want on the lot. And when my wife was ready to buy, the CPO 997.2 was super expensive (along with most other CPOs). Given the economy, it's not surprising the used Porsche market is so strong. But same problem as before... all the ones left have undesirable options/colors to her. Her 997 was a rare find for us.

Aside from the swirls and interior scratches, we've actually had a bit of frustration dealing with the dealership regarding paperwork and such. At least now we are a bit more experienced should we ever buy out of state again.

BTW: thanks for the sandals tip. We're definitely doing PSDS when we get a chance. The other thread on the PSDS experience has me salivating

Alan

Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by nota_troll
From one Cobalt Blue S to another I love white!
Funny because white was actually MY first choice (esp in a GT3) We already have 2 other blue cars and didn't want a third, but when we saw cobalt blue in person it was instant attraction. It's such a unique color in a sea of blacks and silvers.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
PHOENIX RISING is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
Very nice - I always thought white was such a clean look! Low miles too - good find!
+1 ^ I AGREE ^

Alan, CONGRATS to you and your wife. Since your post mentioned that you have a garage buddy, I'm assuming her Porsche will be parked next to yours?

I am hoping to talk to my wife into a Cayman S next year. She loves 'em and it would make for a pretty garage

Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Awesome, Alan!! Car looks incredible.

Pm sent.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by PHOENIX RISING
+1 ^ I AGREE ^

Alan, CONGRATS to you and your wife. Since your post mentioned that you have a garage buddy, I'm assuming her Porsche will be parked next to yours?

I am hoping to talk to my wife into a Cayman S next year. She loves 'em and it would make for a pretty garage
Thanks!! Yep, our cars are now parked side by side. It's a great view whenever we're down in the garage. I never thought this would happen in my life (she didn't even like sports cars when we first met ) A cayman S would be a great addition (nice to be able to switch between two different engine configs based on your mood)... she was also looking at a cayman before this car. She likes the 997 hips and rear more (esp. with an aerokit); after several test drives, she still prefers the feel of the cayman, but I guess the aesthetics won out. After your wife gets a cayman, I guess you have to complete the stable with either a Panamera or Cayenne. Room for a rear-facing infant seat --> that's how we're gonna justify it when we have kids

Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by anthony
Awesome, Alan!! Car looks incredible.

Pm sent.

Thanks Anthony! Can't wait for the next SoCal meet... do you attend those?

Alan

Pm sent.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
cym
cym is on a distinguished road
Hi Alan,

Congrats on the new car.

I'm seriously looking at a CPO car in Momentum's inventory. Like you, I'm out of state to Momentum.

When you bought your car, did you have an independent do a PPI, eventhough it is a CPO car? If so, who did you use?

Would you buy again from Momentum?

I've search this and other forums quite a bit, and it sounds like if you do your homework and get a good car, the sales side is ok. Experience on post sale support and service is quite a different story.

Thanks

Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 PM
cym-

Overall the experience was fun, mostly because we got to drive the car on long open stretches across the beautiful southwest. I did not get a PPI since I didn't know any neighboring dealers/independents to perform one. Of course, I did ask for a DME scan, which showed nothing in range 3 and above. Regarding dealing with Momentum, I'll send you a PM and detail our purchase experience. There were both positives and negatives.

Alan

Old 08-14-2010, 07:21 PM
hgostanian is on a distinguished road
congrats. white looks nice and I don't see them much where I live.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:49 PM
cym
cym is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alan000
cym-

Overall the experience was fun, mostly because we got to drive the car on long open stretches across the beautiful southwest. I did not get a PPI since I didn't know any neighboring dealers/independents to perform one. Of course, I did ask for a DME scan, which showed nothing in range 3 and above. Regarding dealing with Momentum, I'll send you a PM and detail our purchase experience. There were both positives and negatives.

Alan
Thanks Alan,

Not enough posts to PM yet. My email address is carlmo@yahoo.com.

Thanks