997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Who bought their 997 w/ the "you only live once" attitude?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
fanboy is on a distinguished road
I think we steered off course of the original question that the OP asked and we've just been blindly criticizing his situation. I don't know him, nor his life, so I won't begin to judge him or his decisions.

All I can answer is that I waited to make my purchase until it wasn't financially crippling, and decided it was time to reward myself NOW instead of holding off until I retire.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
I know the OP from a different forum and he's not your typical "rich teen who has no appreciation for money" and wants to drive a nice car to show off.

He's a pretty mellow guy who thinks before he post, I think he's getting unfairly thrown into the immature rich kid category.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:49 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
He probably is a nice kid. No one said he's not nice. It's just a sad statement about the country and the priorities of young people now.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:55 PM
bspurloc will become famous soon enough
My tag is BUKTLST. Bucket List. I bought mine for my 50th birthday present to myself. I have not regretted it one second either. I wish I had done it earlier but it took that long to save up the cash to walk in and pay for it and drive home. These are priceless investments in your happiness if you are in the right place to do it and not put yourself in the poorhouse.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Part of the problem is that the parents are blamed for everything . I think it's time to stop blaming parents for behaviors of adult children .
True, except for the fact that parents are responsible for adult children, as they raised them as children and the kid's didn't just get a lobotomy at age 18 to become who they are.. they got there via 18 years of being raised by their parents. From what I've experienced, quite a large percentage of American parents are just horrible at raising responsible children that become responsible adults.

So if there is a young adult out there with a completely broken compass for navigating an honorable, proper and good life, its most likely that the kid's parents never gave them kid a proper compass, or didn't raise the kid right and let the kid destroy their compass as they grew up.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
/threadjack

I've always wanted one. I work 60-70hrs a week, and can finally have it, so I bought it.

My investment agent pointed something out to me

When you're born you ride in this

When you're old you ride in this

If you're able..Have nice wheels and things while you are young enought to enjoy it

only 2 things left on the list

Rolex Daytona
Ferrari

Last edited by wpgfordguy; 08-13-2010 at 03:31 PM.