997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Limo tint too dark?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
Limo tint too dark?

Is limo tint to dark for the rear windows?

Can you see out at night?

Course I dont want anyone to see in.

Thanks for the tips

Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by h1sp
Is limo tint to dark for the rear windows?

Can you see out at night?

Course I dont want anyone to see in.

Thanks for the tips
Nobody will be able to see in during daylight, but at night if you turn on a courtesy light the tint will not prevent anyone outside from seeing inside the car. The main issue is how well will you be able to see out at night, and I expect not very well. You'll be able to see lights but no detail (like a cop's lightbar) or people walking behind the car. We don't have great visibility to the rear with a clear rear windows to begin with, so you'll just compromise your visibility that much more. Why not compromise and pick a lighter tint?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Soma415 will become famous soon enoughSoma415 will become famous soon enough
I have at or right below what most people call limo tint on the back, and i like it. I can see out day or night much better than what parks describes. My sides are progressively lighter going forward. Go to a solid shop and look at what cars there are being tinted with, then make your decision.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info, i will go down and look around.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Limo may impair night time driving especially when you are backing up.....

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
On a side-note....... too dark, and in many states you will be inviting an officer (should you be pulled over) to have a hand on their side-arm as they approach the car.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
I went ahead and got legal on sides and one more shade darker on rear (it looks Good.
* im a bit disappointed due to the film didn't grab ahold of the area around the Porsche name on the rear window. is this normal?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by h1sp
I went ahead and got legal on sides and one more shade darker on rear (it looks Good.
* im a bit disappointed due to the film didn't grab ahold of the area around the Porsche name on the rear window. is this normal?
Yes, I noticed that all around the edges of the rear window. And I got my tint done at the shop that does all the tinting for the local Porsche dealer in town. Ah well, I don't notice it when I'm driving...