997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

best solution?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
best solution?

tough fri the 13 th..

coming home after a nice date on Thur night, i hit what appeared to be a part of a muffler on the road.
i tried to swerve around it but ended up scraping the debris with my front right tire.
got out and looked at the car.. fortunately, it appeared ok.
a minute later, as i was driving, the tire warning light came on.
and i could see that it was deflating at a rapid rate.
i pulled over once again.. and this time i saw a tear (1/4-1/2") on the side of the tire..
Arghh.

next morning, i had the car towed via AAA flatbet to a nearest JustTires (couldn't think of anyother place at the time) and had them replace the FRONT right tire. Unfortunately, they didnt have a exact matching Pirelli Pzero.. so they put a slightly different one.

now i have 3 P-zero N1 with 80% tread and 1 Pzero N2 and 100% tread left.

then on sat morn as i was washing my car, i noticed the right REAR tire sidewall had a piece about 1/2" long thats hanging loose like a piece of skin.. seemed very dangerous to drive it in that condition. i suppose the same debris somehow took a chunk off my rear tire as well.. DOH !

now i need to replace the rear right tire as well..

should i replace ALL four tires ? i.e buy 3 more to match the front right tire? however, i don't really like the look of the new tire (right-front) and the rating of 87 seems low.. so i am also considering getting 4 brand new tires.. but if i can find a thrifty way, i am all ears.

any suggestion would be much appreciated.

thx in adv

Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would replace all four tires with Ps2 Michelins and save the 100 percent tire as an emergency spare .

Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
yeah.. i think changing all 4 is for the best.

thx, larry. guess i just needed a verification from an expert.

stupid debris on the road..

Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
yeah.. i think changing all 4 is for the best.

thx, larry. guess i just needed a verification from an expert.

stupid debris on the road..
You'll like the Ps2's and will still have a tire just in case .You may actually like the car more on the 4 new tires too.
And i know all about debris --https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-debris.html