997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

H&R vs Eibach, spring and sway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
nicgsxr is on a distinguished road
H&R vs Eibach, spring and sway

i need some information, ican't find them in the net

i have a carrera c4s 2007

i would like know the oem spring rate and sway bar size

compare the spring rate between H&R and Eibach and for my car i think only H&R make sway bar

i make 5-6 day per month on the track and i find the car is a little bit smooth what is the best upgrade suspension for me ??? don't tell me buy a GT3 i know this answer

thanks you

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Best upgrade is to go with coilovers. You track the car 5-6 times a month? WOW....you are my hero! I wish I could afford to and get to the track that much!

You should look at Moton or JRZ coilovers. They will have the correct spring rates to use along with a good Porsche race shop. Not sure where you live so if you tell us we can advise you on a good race shop.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
nicgsxr is on a distinguished road
no i want only spring and sway, coilover is too radical for the compromise in the road and the track!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
GMG and TPC have custom bars made for them by Eibach. They are race tested and the best you can put on your car.

These shops race these cars professionally and know what works.

dr

Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
There are threads dating back to probably 2005 about the whole "spring" method of changing suspension. PASM is not that friendly to lowering springs. While many haven't had issues, many others have reported issues such as blown PASM shocks.

If you are tracking that much, then you really do need to change the whole suspension as Mike pointed out. Just changing sways and springs is changing 2 out of the 3 main suspension items: Shocks, Springs, Sways. To me it's either change none of them or change them all (maybe try something like the RSS adjustable sways with the OEM shocks and springs).

I did some experimenting with the 2007 C2S suspension and after much tweaking, talking with the engineers, etc. I returned to stock with all the R&D Porsche put in. The 2009 C2S suspension is by far superior to the 05-08, especially the Sport PASM - but that's another story.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by machina
GMG and TPC have custom bars made for them by Eibach. They are race tested and the best you can put on your car.

These shops race these cars professionally and know what works.

dr
Thanks for the referral, however, our bars are not made by eibach.

If you had to pick between eibach or H&R i would choose eibach, as they are hollow, like the factory.

However, if you are going to make the investment in sway bars I would highly recommend our bars or another shops bars that do professionally race.

The bars that we currently sell are being professionally raced TODAY... every time you watch a grand am GS race you can see at least 3 cars running our bars.

Please feel free to email our shop if you have any questions.

info@tpcracing.net

http://tpcracing.com/products/TPCRac...ble-Sway-Bars/

Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Thanks for the referral, however, our bars are not made by eibach.

If you had to pick between eibach or H&R i would choose eibach, as they are hollow, like the factory.
How do your bars differ from eibach?? are yours hollow as well? curious?
And will your TPC Racing PRO RACE Adjustable Drop-Link Kit work with eibach sways?

Old 08-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Our sway bars are made in very small batches. The exact specs are derived by purchasing a porsche, making prototype bars and going out to the track and refining them Lap by lap.

We take great pride in our bars and we continually revise them to make them the absolute best option for the car.

Our bars are hollow, the factory did that absolutely right and our bars offer a great range of adjustment. When you purchase our bars you not only get the great product but you get consultation from a race team that has won a Grand AM championship and also the 24 hours of daytona.

our Links will work with most adjustable swaybars.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nicgsxr
no i want only spring and sway, coilover is too radical for the compromise in the road and the track!!!!
Sorry but actually replacing the coilovers with the proper rates from Moton, JRZ, Bilstein will actually have the car ride better on the street and just dropping the car on springs with the stock shocks. Trust me on this....there is tons of info on Porsche forums about this...I've experienced both ways in many cars...coil overs for a better ride plus better handling is the only way to go.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Sorry but actually replacing the coilovers with the proper rates from Moton, JRZ, Bilstein will actually have the car ride better on the street and just dropping the car on springs with the stock shocks. Trust me on this....there is tons of info on Porsche forums about this...I've experienced both ways in many cars...coil overs for a better ride plus better handling is the only way to go.
it is actually true - ride on 600/700lbs springs on my JRZs on 2nd click from the softest setting is more confortable than stock suspension was.

it is highly questionable how much point is in investing so much, but i would do same all over again.

and if one needs really cheap coilovers - i still have jic cross majic set for sale. not top brand like moton/JRZ but still quite capable.
i still do not loose hope to get rid of it some day