997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

passenger carpet soaked with ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
akim47 will become famous soon enoughakim47 will become famous soon enough
passenger carpet soaked with ???

I wouldn't have found this out except the wife had a shopping bag at her feet. when we got out of the car we noticed the bottom of the bag was wet. not water, but it was oily. After further examination, the entire carpet on the passenger side was of the car was soaked. I tried smelling it, but cannot distinguish the smell. Whatever it is, it has an oily feel and it looks to be pink. The only pink liquid I have in the car is the coolant. Is it possible for coolant to get into the car?

Another reason why I expect that it may be coolant is that I recently had an issue where my heater core busted and I had a coolant leak. The coolant was leaking and coming out the A/C drain tube. Could this be somewhat related? Also, I'll post pics, but I noticed I have some gunk seeping out of the rear air vents (the ones near the rear window).

Old 08-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure of how Porsche does it, but many cars have heater cores inside the front area. If so, could be coolant.

Off to the dealer.