997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nano Tint - Dealership or 3rd Party Installation recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:48 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Any recommendations for the SF Bay Area? (besides Premier)

Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I would skip the tint unless the car is outside parked in the sun a lot.
Yep, sun out here is brutal but my 911 goes from home garage to parking garage and commute is early in the morning and late in the afternoon. My GF got her 528 tinted though since it's parked outside. Huper Optik FTW.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Gasongasoff- i am.also looking for a quality place in the Bay area. Premier just seems.too expensive around $500+

Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gadgetman
I stopped by my Porsche Dealership and saw a Black Panamera with what they called "Nano tint". It reflects alot of the UV rays/heat and you really notice the difference behind the tine. The dealership charges $499 and when I called a local tinting company they charged $150 for my Porsche.

Would you dish out the $499 and have the dealer install it or have the 3rd party tinting company? I've seen the work done by the local tinting company and they do an excellent job. I just cant justify spending $500 for 5 pieces of tint for my Porsche.

Maybe I should left it un-tinted so I can show my interior's guards red seat backing which matches the exterior of my Porsche. Or I can use a 50% tint so I can see clearly at night drives.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,
Darren
Sorry for being off topic, but those seats are pretty hot!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know of any independent lab comparisons between tints? I'm not buying the heat lamp gig, it only measures the IR absorptive properties of the film, not the total heat rejection (which is only half IR).

Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 PM
stack24 will become famous soon enough
One of the best tints for reflecting heat and UV on the market today is Huper Optik. do a search on it. I have it on my car as well as my wife's and absolutely love it. I can instantly tell the difference. I sometimes roll down my window when the sun is right in my face and notice how hot it really is then roll it up and boom it's gone.

It is definitely on the pricey side. I know a local guy here in SoCal from the BMW boards and he did each car for about 550 but that included my windshield. Normally it's close to 700 or so. A bit less if you don't get the windshield.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
OP: My seatbacks are also painted to match my car (Arctic Silver) which is why I haven't tinted mine either. But I've been thinking about getting an almost clear ceramic tint which blocks a lot of the heat, but still let you see through. My friend got it on his VW VR6 and I could notice the film blocking heat pretty dramatically.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
As others have mentioned, dealerships do not have the know how to perform most aftermarket services in-house. They usually just call in the local companies to perform the work for them and mark up the prices.

As for window tint products, pricing will be all over the board because of pricing for products / services. When searching, look into local markets for price comparisons instead of interstate / inter-region pricing as cost of doing business + products availability will affect the end price.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Has anyone had any experience with Huper Optik or Suntek HP?

Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
I've had the Huper Optik 35 on two different p-cars - make sure you get a good installer since it is a little more difficult to install...and it will take longer for all the bubbles to disappear - up to 3 weeks. I couldn't find a good local installer here so I went with Formula One Pinnacle on the latest car and really like it also.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
My boys that I train martial arts with installed HO 35 on GF's BMW 528. Very good job. They also did Panorama one way tint on the windows at my crib and office. Find a good installer, it took 2 guys 2 days to do my crib.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Crib? Heheheh... So, you live in the hood?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Hahaha, nice!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by surfah
My boys that I train martial arts with installed HO 35 on GF's BMW 528. Very good job. They also did Panorama one way tint on the windows at my crib and office. Find a good installer, it took 2 guys 2 days to do my crib.
Crib? I guess we should address you as "Homey" or "G"?