997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Still have sprint booster in your 997S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by king360
I took it out when it went broken after 3 months of usage!!!!
What did it do to make you realize it was broken?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vrnkc
IThe "instant" throttle response actually jerks my body backward giving the feeling of more HP.
Probably torque but thats niggling...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
king360 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wmclarenf1
But did it improve throttle response?
It did help a little bit with initial throttle response---like the first 1/4 throttle. It made your body jerk backward, but after that everything was the same. May be the unit of mine was defective to begin with. I would say if you have a local dealer who carry these "booster" things, ask them if you can try it out first; see if you like it or not before making the purchase.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
wmclarenf1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by king360
It did help a little bit with initial throttle response---like the first 1/4 throttle. It made your body jerk backward, but after that everything was the same. May be the unit of mine was defective to begin with. I would say if you have a local dealer who carry these "booster" things, ask them if you can try it out first; see if you like it or not before making the purchase.
Thanks King.. Yup, intending to do that tomorrow. Really looking for the low end improvement (1800 - 3000 rpm). Its very lively after that especially in manual mode.

I'm now also thinking of whether to just go the Softronic route. Its supposed to address the low end throttle response issue with a promise of more linear delievery across the range and the potential of high BHP and torque.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by v35
What did it do to make you realize it was broken?
I could feel the throttle response was different in the first few months after installation. But, then, one day my car's engine would not rev over 3500rpm, it's like the redline had been set to 3500rpm. I took the unit out and everything went back to normal.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by wmclarenf1
Thanks King.. Yup, intending to do that tomorrow. Really looking for the low end improvement (1800 - 3000 rpm). Its very lively after that especially in manual mode.

I'm now also thinking of whether to just go the Softronic route. Its supposed to address the low end throttle response issue with a promise of more linear delievery across the range and the potential of high BHP and torque.
I would go with Softronic if I were you. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on trying out the Softronic ECU tuning too. I think it's better to do it right the first time and don't have to go back---once and for all.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
The spirit booster isn't RPM specific, it simply changes the way the gas pedal works. A small amount of throttle input buy the driver is now recognized as a large amount of throttle input. You could get the same results manually by pressing the gas pedal harder then you normally would.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
jastx is on a distinguished road
Yes, that's what sport chrono in sport mode does as well, for throttle response.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 PM
eathvy is on a distinguished road
I just installed a sprint booster in my car and I have to say I really like it. I have sports chrono and I have an ecu flash but this is different. I feel that the car really needed this. The throttle response was always a complaint of mine and this made driving the car so much better. It is different from driving the car is sport mode because the you can have great throttle response with a less aggressive driving setup. Meaning that you can cruise at lower gear ratios in normal mode and still get a great throttle response. It makes everyday driving so much better. Great for a pdk car like mine.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
cbzzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NorthVan
It is similar to the improved throttle response gets when you have the Sport Mode on.
Presumably it's additive, so if you have Sport on and the Sprint booster, you would have *super* sharp throttle.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:17 PM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
Very good product....Drive at a low rpm and toggle through the different modes and see what a difference it makes. Big difference according to me. The throttle response with it compared to no sprint booster is crazy. Warning! DO NOT try and drink coffee, if you do, when it's on "red" mode. You will end up wearing the coffee.