997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help! Water in my trunk after washing, how do I fix this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
The dealer basically told me all the plastic around the battery area had to be removed and they cleaned up some leafs near the bottom of the battery area (where the battery sits). I would removed all that including taking the battery out and make sure that area is clean and free of debri (mostly leafs). Hope that helps.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Hey Guys! Everything is dry and back in the car. I am putting the car away for storage today so I will continue trying to pin point the source of the leak in the spring. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
For the drains, look to the left & right of the battery. I have to clean mine 2-3 times a year. I'll try to get some pictures for you this weekend.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by na011
For the drains, look to the left & right of the battery. I have to clean mine 2-3 times a year. I'll try to get some pictures for you this weekend.
Thanks! BTW, how do you clean them? A plumber's snake? Do they drain on to the underbody panels?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Thanks! BTW, how do you clean them? A plumber's snake? Do they drain on to the underbody panels?
typically these are cleaned with compressed air. i would not run anything physical thru them

Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by brendo
typically these are cleaned with compressed air. i would not run anything physical thru them

Good to know! Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Use a shop vac and you can use a chop stick or one strand of #12 wire to push through the hole.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Where do these 2 holes drain? Do I need to remove the underbody panel as anything I blow out of the holes will sit on top of the panels?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:00 PM
There are 3. Look to the left & right of the battery & they are in line w/ the windshield washers. The third is between the battery & the windshield washer filler (blue cap). The picture w/ the screw driver is to the right of the battery as you look at the battery. The rubber grommet is about an inch in dia. but it has a taper at the bottom.

Attached Images    

Last edited by na011; 11-13-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:47 AM
ecostellodo is on a distinguished road
Smile

Weedeater line is a good alternative. The plastic line is pretty stiff and flexible (no jokes please)

eric

Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 AM
There are 3. Look to the left & right of the battery & they are in line w/ the windshield washers. The third is between the battery & the windshield washer filler (blue cap). The picture w/ the screw driver is to the right of the battery as you look at the battery. The rubber grommet is about an inch in dia. but it has a taper at the bottom.
Thanks!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:28 AM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
This problem can creep up on you unexpectedly. When my car was just under 4 years old, the radio stopped working & a message about amplifier failure came up on the screen. Took it in for a warranty repair and it turned into an insurance claim. Water in the trunk. I now have the drains checked & cleaned twice yearly with oil changes.

This item should be explicitly added to the regular factory maintenance schedule.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
When I went to take the pictures so Johnny DB could see where the drains are located mine were full of leaves. I cleaned my drains 6 weeks ago. Our trees really don't start their major leaf drop until late December or early January. I was surprised to see how many leaves, bugs & other stuff were there in such a short time

Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelL
This problem can creep up on you unexpectedly. When my car was just under 4 years old, the radio stopped working & a message about amplifier failure came up on the screen. Took it in for a warranty repair and it turned into an insurance claim. Water in the trunk. I now have the drains checked & cleaned twice yearly with oil changes.

This item should be explicitly added to the regular factory maintenance schedule.
When I went to take the pictures so Johnny DB could see where the drains are located mine were full of leaves. I cleaned my drains 6 weeks ago. Our trees really don't start their major leaf drop until late December or early January. I was surprised to see how many leaves, bugs & other stuff were there in such a short time
I thought the area where the 3 drains are is a sealed (from trunk) semi-wet area as others have indicated? If the water cannot drain because the drains are clogged, where is the water going to get into the trunk?

Old 11-15-2010, 02:29 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Water in my trunk after washing, how do I fix this?