997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone do the Gundo Hack in NY/NJ/CT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
jimny is on a distinguished road
Anyone do the Gundo Hack in NY/NJ/CT?

I am interested in what you thought and also if there is a shop you recommend. I have been reading the threads on search and it seems like everyone who has done it loves it. I am just looking for a little bit more from the exhaust for my car and I think the gundo hack fits my need. I love the current sound just would like it a little louder and throatier. It is a daily driver so I want to keep it civil.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I just picked up a used set of mufflers and had them shipped to Unlimited Autosport in Oyster Bay. They are going to Gundo Hack the used set and I will swap them out with the OEMs.

I have heard nothing but good things about the guys at Unlimited. I will let you know how it turns out.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:00 AM
jimny is on a distinguished road
That is a great idea. I figure if I didn't like it I would just buy a used set and put them back on. But from all the feedback it seems like a no brainer!

Have you had any experience with this shop? Did you have to give them directions on how to do the hack?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
I went to Meineke with a picture of what I wanted. It took them about 3 or 4 hours to do the job. I figured if I didn't like it i could then spend the money on a used set and throw the gundos out. But I liked it so I didn't have to worry about it. Cost me about $400 for instant gratification.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimny
That is a great idea. I figure if I didn't like it I would just buy a used set and put them back on. But from all the feedback it seems like a no brainer!

Have you had any experience with this shop? Did you have to give them directions on how to do the hack?

I haven't worked with them yet other than to come up with the idea for the second set (it was Rich's suggestion). However, other members here have used them and they come highly recommended. I hope to have this done before Christmas so I will let you know!

They have done the Hack before!

Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
i got myself a set of used mufflers on here dropped them off at unlimited autosports made them do the weld when the welding was done i left my car there for a hour rich the tech installed them right away.. i have to say.. once he fired up my car i fell in love all over again haha this is the way the car should sound from the factory IMO 3 to 4k rpms it sounds sweeeet.. great guys! prob the only place i would ever leave my car and not worry.. just check out there website they have pictures of the gundo hack.. goodluck

Old 11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Just ordered a set of AWE black chrome tips. Figure may as well do this right!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Just got an email from Rich @ Unlimited with pics of the AWE tips. They look awesome. Going to do the swap on the 17th. I feel like I am 8 years old again!

Attached Images  

Last edited by lacrosse; 12-01-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Ryanm51981 is on a distinguished road
How much does he charge for the hack at unlimited auto?

Old 12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ryanm51981
How much does he charge for the hack at unlimited auto?

Between $300 and $400.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Well had the hack done today and all I can say is "WOW". This is how the car should sound coming from the factory. The welding was done by an artisan. The install; flawless. The team at Unlimited are fantastic. Their shop looks like a surgical suite. If you are in the Metro NY area and you are looking for someone to work on your car, I would highly recommend going to Unlimted!

Pics and a vid to follow.

Last edited by lacrosse; 12-18-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 12-17-2010, 07:21 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
+1 on Unlimited. They did my Gundo hack last week and are class acts. As far as the Gundo's though, they sound good but too subdued for my taste. I want to go louder but keep the deep growl, so considering either adding sports cats or switching to AfterHours sports pipes. Anyone out there who can provide advice or experience on AH Gen II Pipes or other louder exhausts such as Borla, Cargraphics, please let me know.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Here is a vid I shot (not sure why the sound drops out 1:50). The hack was done witha 2" pipe.

I also want to thank Mike at AWE for the beautiful tips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ro6_GV6YPw

Last edited by lacrosse; 12-18-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Ryanm51981 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Sounds good..Im gonna go after the holidays and get it done also.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
rfan996 is on a distinguished road
Unlimited is top notch IMO. They did mine a couple months ago plus some other mods on my current 997. They did all the maintenance and upgrades on my previous 996 as well. Ask for Rich, he is the technician and he knows his stuff.