997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Water spots in glass - Diamondite anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 AM
pabafree1995 is on a distinguished road
Water spots in glass - Diamondite anyone?

Any tips on removing hard water spots from glass?
Anyone used the DIAMONDITE glass and spot remover system.
Its around $35.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I have not tried that, but, try some toothpaste first...........(strange but true)

Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Try vinegar with a micro-fiber cloth & rinse with distilled water & a clean micro-fiber cloth.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 AM
ScottAtlGa will become famous soon enough
Mine had horrible water spots on all glass when I picked it up. I tried everything mentioned here but had no success really getting it all out so I took it back to the dealer and the in house detailer got them all out. I don;t knwo what he used but it worked. HE missed the side mirrors so I am going to go back soon and ask him what he used. I even rad a razor blade across the glass and that gotalot of it out before I took it to him. I suppose since it is residue, that makes sense. Let us knwo what works for you.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
COOKINN has a spectacular aura aboutCOOKINN has a spectacular aura about
Use a clay bar when you wash the car, Then seal it with RainX

Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ScottAtlGa
Mine had horrible water spots on all glass when I picked it up. I tried everything mentioned here but had no success really getting it all out so I took it back to the dealer and the in house detailer got them all out. I don;t knwo what he used but it worked. HE missed the side mirrors so I am going to go back soon and ask him what he used. I even rad a razor blade across the glass and that gotalot of it out before I took it to him. I suppose since it is residue, that makes sense. Let us knwo what works for you.
When I've had one where the water has literally etched the glass, I then pull out the PorterCable DA polisher, and carefully use some 3M FinesseIt-II polish. (I remember years ago a windshield that had the marks from poor wiper blades and needed the "big guns" on a PC right-angle unit). All can be done, just need to take good care on it.

Last edited by KaamaCat; 12-09-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
JFranklin will become famous soon enoughJFranklin will become famous soon enough
The ultimate best product to remove water spotting from glass surfaces is SRP Hard Water Stain Remover. Simply use a wet cloth with a dab of the product and work a small area at a time. Let dry, buff out with a dry cloth and the water spots are gone. I purchased this product from Detail John, a sponsor on this forum. Trust me, it works great and quick.

Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I've used this product http://www.a-maz.com/waterstainremover.php for small areas and Griot's fine glass polish withe the random orbital polisher after claying (they have a glass cleaning clay) for large areas. They both work very well for me.