997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

advice on 2006 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 PM
jackyjhuang is infamous around these parts
advice on 2006 Carrera S

Found this car on eBay:
http://www.autosourcemotors.com/deta...d-6387017.html

Does anyone on the forum have any experience with this dealer in Milwaukee? As I live in NYC, would really appreciate if anyone living close by to the dealership can check out this car for me.

The Carfax seems to be clean. Dealer wrote "This Porsche has been full inspected and is in like new condition. This one was a new Porsche trade. We have all of the books, two remote keys and the original window sticker."

What would be a fair price for this car?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Its amazing how prices have held up on 997S. 15mo ago, a 2005 S with 12k mi was about $52k.

I don't think price is that much higher for a dealer sale.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Jobu is infamous around these parts
Wow, almost a clone of mine, which I bought last year for 52k incl CPO, similar mileage. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Great price.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Price is good given this is not private party. I purchased an 05 Launch Edition with similar miles last year for a bit less from a private party. I would think you could squeeze a few thousand off the price if you had the cash/financing already set up towards the end of the month. If not, wait and see - cars aren't selling much in this economy. You have time.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:07 AM
beachview is infamous around these parts
Nice price, maybe try to knock off a bit more for not being CPO...mileage is good for an almost 5yr old car. Good Luck

Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
just curious, how did you find this listing?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PasPar2
just curious, how did you find this listing?
says ebay...

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
thanks... need more coffee

Old 01-18-2011, 11:00 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
ok then maybe it's just me? ...but... something seems...off. fine, ebay isnt the best indication of market value pricing but this one is cheaper than any S on there now. granted most have less mileage but this one is priced below some non-S's and 35k miles aint THAT much.

oh well, i'm a skeptic at heart but in any event, i'd check it out thoroughly if i were you. my .02.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
jackyjhuang is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully someone living close by to this dealership could check out this car for me.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:31 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
I saw that one listed a while back, at least a month ago. Can't remember what I didn't like about it...oh yeah, the rear wiper

As for price it's a good 'list' price from an independent used car dealer. And it makes sense to me...It's 17 degrees and snowing there. How many people are going to be out shopping for a used luxury 2 wheel drive sports car in a depressed economy in Milwaukee in the winter?

Most of the guys who own 997S' will think when the price is too good something has to be wrong and they could be right, but there's another part...that they may not want to accept their own car's similar depreciation. But as with any used car do your due diligence.

For reference, recently on ebay a 2005 997S with similar options, 23k miles and CPO went for ~41k. Another 2006 997S with 24k miles and similar options went for 43k. Both private party.

I generally think winter is a good time to purchase a used car, but with the 997 I've got myself second guessing my own advice and wondering if the prices will drop further once the 991 is released...but that could be a long wait and why postpone pure joy.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Car still looks $10k below average asking prices. The price would suggest the dealer got the car in the 30's, which just hardly seems possible. I look at ebay as the last chance car market. Car looks good and equiped well, I just hark back to if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ryem3
Car still looks $10k below average asking prices. The price would suggest the dealer got the car in the 30's, which just hardly seems possible. I look at ebay as the last chance car market. Car looks good and equiped well, I just hark back to if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
not sure, this earch shows plenty of comparable cars imho.
http://dealer24x7.com/PageNumber_1/L...sche&Model=911

still it would worth to sniff around more most likely.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
not sure, this earch shows plenty of comparable cars imho.
http://dealer24x7.com/PageNumber_1/L...sche&Model=911

still it would worth to sniff around more most likely.
Which search engine is that? Never heard of it. I think that search supports my comments. There are cars in that price range, they are all base cars, not S's. Add plus/minus $10k for an S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: advice on 2006 Carrera S