997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
ChrisKaze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
They will always want you to come in, but that doesn't mean you are even in the ball park. I recently made a firm offer on a car and told the dealer that I would only come if that was acceptable. They said come on in, but when I got there we were miles apart. I didn't budge on my offer. They apparently wanted me to fall in love with the car and tried to work on my ego by saying things such as "Maybe this isn't the car for you" and "We'll call you when we get something less expensive." What they apparently didn't understand was that it wasn't about the money, it was about what I thought fair value was. I walked and bought a car elsewhere at a higher price (albeit one that I thought had more value).
Hey funny that's EXACTLY blow by blow what happened to me! That falling in love thing worked 2 years ago when I sat in the turbo, but as of late my heart has hardened and my blood has turned cold so that dosent work on my anymore. Infact today I didnt even drive either car. The white C4S I didnt even sit in. Whats the point, done it plenty of times already, I wont fall in love, I had my heart crushed before now im heartless.

Anyways you lot are probably curious to see how I did today! Basically one dealer was a ***, the second one was cool but no cigar. Both Porsche dealers. One sales guy got so offended when I told him my offer that he just slammed the door, and said that was riddiculous and his face started getting red as he was blabbering on and he just stormed off. I guess hes a passionate guy, but uhh...its not like that 911 is HIS why so emotional? I didnt slap your mother or anything I just said thats what im going to pay, market dosent mean anything the market is what your buyers willing to pay. And this one (ME) is willing to go 52k period. I talked to the manager of the place later and he was nicer, obviously his job is to just sit and smile companionably when customers whine so he did just that. I was actually surprised, look at my insurance I AM a Porsche customer, and repeat one at that. I was kind of shocked at how I was just blown off that like, like I was some beggar at a shady used car lot. I expect more courtesy from a dealer that sells Porsches. Anyone that can have the means to buy a Porsche, and even more so in these hard times, deserve respect. If the deal was that out of the ballpark, then why waste my time and yours by calling me in? I give this salesman a 5/10 I guess he was just mad he had to walk 100 yards to get this car for me.

Anyway off to dealer #2 which I decided to stop by because its close to my house.

I walked in and this place was much better, I got help right away and the salesman was pretty nice, I give him a 7.5/10. He tried to sell me a C4 with only 6k miles from 06, however that's kind of out of my price I don't really care that much for mileage and I would rather have another 15k miles with a extra 5k in my pocket. My uncles old 964 has 175k+ miles one it, so I know their good for it. Anyway he said theres nothing on the lot thats in my budget, interesting like Mojo31 said they tried to strike your ego by making you feel poor. Saying they will find something "in your budget" and that "this car isnt for you" (IE: your not good enough for this car) I hate this sales pitch thats why I docked points. Reason being is that its a low blow and if you want to fight dirty then let me say this; take this little bracelet on my wrist, it probably cost more than the car they drove to work. It is nothing to me, just a little trinket I think looks cute. And I am probably younger than their kid. I also told them how I flipped my car, this kind of annoyed me but im probably over-reacting: they said it was a testament to how great these cars are made. Oh, you say this from experience? I do. flipped a Porsche? Yup been there done that! I have the right to say IMO and from my experience I think their finely made cars and its safety saved my life. So dont just agree with me show some backbone and say that I was damned lucky! Be real, I dont need pampering or compassion. If I did I would be at a massage parlor

So you can see why I hate those ego striking lines...you cant make me feel bad I got you feeling bad already by having you try to sell me a car you wont ever own. (low blow but they started it) But im not a mean guy, I simply shrugged this attack off and was firm at 52k. He said whats it going to take to get this car? 52k. What if I took 1k off of it? 52k. By this point he already saw there was no sale so he took my info. I told him, find me a base 911 for 40-45, or a C2S 45-50 and its a done deal I will be back with 2 stacks of hundreds and my Montblanc pen to get this done. He said he would love to sell me a car, and that im a good guy etc etc and promised he will let me know if he gets anything (Heard this before) I hear it almost as much as when a girl tells me (I'll let you know). But we will see, the great hunt continues!

Last edited by ChrisKaze; 03-16-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 PM

Oh yeah thought this was interesting!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:54 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Does it have to be a Tip?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 AM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
good luck on your hunt. hunting season hasnt begun for me yet. gotta wait 1.5 yrs for the 991s to come out before i head out.

but i have a dumb question for you. can you explain to me the bruised ego? ppl keep talking about that, but i dont get it? like why do you care, and what can they say to make you feel that bad about yourself? like what went down? am i missing something? it almost sounds like the salesman pantsed you in front of a hot girl or something.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
this thread has turned into a joke, right ?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
OP, I've found your car, Supercharged C4 $56K http://inventory.racperformance.com/...-Texas/792099/

Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Since I'm so giving today, here's another one. It's TIP, just the way you like it. Under $50K https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-miles-3.html

Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks "Ynot" I love the white one, but its manual =(. I generally don't like red on 911's but that ones done very nicely, sent the guy a PM with my offer.

EDIT- wow that poor guys been trying to sell that car for half a year. I made him a offer for 43k.

Last edited by ChrisKaze; 03-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:13 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I'm curious about the condition of the car listed in the OP. One comment stated this dealership has premium preowned vehicles and just wanted your opinion.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisKaze
EDIT- wow that poor guys been trying to sell that car for half a year. I made him a offer for 43k.
Unless he really likes that little girl in your avatar, I don't think he'll accept it at 43K, He might even get more for it on a trade in. Good luck though

Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Guy said deal for 46k but I told him if nothing happens get back at me for 43k. Hey Ynot, what does your insurance say about all your mods? Right now I am just afraid my insurance is going to cost more than my car payment. And what about warranty's on these tuned cars?

Hey White Rock, yeah the cars are in great condition, their from the Porsche dealership but I would still get my mechanic to look at it just in case. They showed me the Carfax, spic-n-span

Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
BoxsterG is on a distinguished road
ChrisKaze,

You can't be serious huh? Really!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:45 PM
ginch will become famous soon enough
It seems to me that you truly don't want to buy a P-car and are just playing "the game". You low ball everyone
stating that the buyer (market) dictates the price. Well don't you think the Porsche dealership you lowballed would
have accepted your offer it they truly were still making money on the car at your offer? There has to be a little give
and take on both ends for there to be a decent deal. I like how you state that you hate the way dealers or sellers
use terms like "we'll call you if something in your price range comes in!", or "This car isn't for you!". Well
obviously it isn't "for you" as you don't seem to be able to pony up the cash for the car you want! Maybe be a
little more realistic with what you can afford and you might be driving a p-car sooner than never!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisKaze
Guy said deal for 46k but I told him if nothing happens get back at me for 43k. Hey Ynot, what does your insurance say about all your mods? Right now I am just afraid my insurance is going to cost more than my car payment. And what about warranty's on these tuned cars?
46K is a steal, if you are seriously then this is the car for you, there's no need to low ball the guy to death. Realize that the owner probably paid more than 100K if he'd brought it brand new.

I told my insurance agent, it's turbo'ed and modded extensively, he said he'll jot it down. If you are 22 years, your insurance is going to be expensive, get a speeding ticket, then forget about it, your car payment will be the least of your worries. You sound like you are worried about the ownership, Porsche isn't cheap to service/maintain. I recommend a WRX/STI or something equivalent at your age. Unless your parents are helping you pay for it, nothing wrong with that. Warranty issues depends on your dealer. My dealer's mechanic does a lot of mods so they don't really care.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Patience will get me the car I want for the right price. Their carfax report said they bought the car at a auction, the sales rep said "NO WE DIDNT" boom, lie right there to my face. Guys at auctions pay around 3k under the market for these cars, I wont sit there like a idiot hearing how much this cost to fix and how much this cost to do, I dont care your problem pal. I am a buyer and I say 52k. Texas Direct auto said no to my offer too, I reminded them that cars been sitting around for 1 month and 1 week and it aint getting cheaper.

And about P cars, in case you didnt read my old posts, I already own a P-CAR and when I bought it 4 years ago I went through the same old routine to get a good deal. My offers are not absurd, go to cars.com there are 4 2007 S with 22k miles on it, for 52k all from dealers, I randomly clicked one had a spic-n-span carfax report too. Guess those guys are crazy like me too?

But "ginch" you hardly know me and already making the assumption that im some schmuck that cant afford Porsches and I get some kind of enjoyment on pretending to buy one. You inspired me to take my state farm check for 16k to the dealer, and another 5k in a little envelope Maybe they will treat me more seriously.

And mr BoxsterG I am serious. That guy wanted 50k for his custom 911. I reminded him that custom cars are hard to sell due to insurance and warranty issues. and that the car is almost 6 years old...Its also been for sale for almost half a year, the guys owned it for only a year and he wants to dump it which means theirs either something wrong with the car, or somebody is in need of cash. He already agreed on 46k so my 43k dosent seem that absurd now does it? Keep in mind he originally wanted 56k for it. I like to save money, its one reason why I have money at my age to even buy these cars. I will ask my dad, and insurance agent tomorrow some questions and if things go well I will call this guy on the phone so we can talk.

I will keep what you said in mind Ynot, he is a 6speed member...

EDIT- oh yea Ynot I already had a boxster so I am kind of use to Porsche expenses, I am suppose to pay my own gas and insurance but im sure with my bambi eyes I can get my parents to do those for me =)

Last edited by ChrisKaze; 03-17-2011 at 07:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...