997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
ChrisKaze is infamous around these parts
Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...

So I am going into a dealer tomorrow, theres a C4S for 62k I told them I want 52K. To my surprise they called and told me to come in, you think they will bite? I have a feeling their trying to reel me in to put the squeeze on me. I took a look around online, even at 52K the dealer would still make money, but IMO they could get more from that car. 52k is a pretty competitive price. Their also a certified dealer but this day in age even certified dealers haggle.

Cars got like 25k miles on it from 07 I think. My leverage would be a big cash down payment thinking 20-25k and I know they got it at a auction so they payed under the market price for it.

Heres the carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...30655&zipCode=

How much would you guys pay for it?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
tsammann has a spectacular aura abouttsammann has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ChrisKaze
Impossible to say without the option spec, far too many variables at play.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
So I am going into a dealer tomorrow, theres a C4S for 62k I told them I want 52K. To my surprise they called and told me to come in, you think they will bite? I have a feeling their trying to reel me in to put the squeeze on me. I took a look around online, even at 52K the dealer would still make money, but IMO they could get more from that car. 52k is a pretty competitive price. Their also a certified dealer but this day in age even certified dealers haggle.

Cars got like 25k miles on it from 07 I think. My leverage would be a big cash down payment thinking 20-25k and I know they got it at a auction so they payed under the market price for it.

Heres the carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...30655&zipCode=

Big downpayment isn't going to get you anything. They just want a qualified buyer that they can finance or brings all cash or brings their own financing. Your best negotiating tool are your feet - walk out if you don't get what you want.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Big downpayment isn't going to get you anything. They just want a qualified buyer that they can finance or brings all cash or brings their own financing. Your best negotiating tool are your feet - walk out if you don't get what you want.
Agreed, there shouldn't be any violence in buying a car. If you don't want it for the price they are willing to sell it for, don't buy it.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
keenan9 will become famous soon enoughkeenan9 will become famous soon enough
FYI... A search on the Porsche Pre-owned search turns up (6) 2007 C4S with Tip transmission. The one you are looking at is the only one that's not CPO. Any idea whey they aren't certifying it?

Car looks good though.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Good luck. Houston may be softer than our area. But, headed into spring with a certified 997 C4S optioned well minus the wheels for $62K is reasonable. $52K seems lower than market to me.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Im probably bringing my own financing, internet financing, and im not sure why this one isnt CPO ill make sure to ask tomorrow...car buying is just so stressful to me dealers try all these little tricks and maneuvers and one slip you just signed your life away. Its amazing how some salesmen I seen this week sink that low to get one by you; like forced warrantys and forced credit checks even when I bring my own. And the dirty "make you stay 4 hours until your tired, hungry and mentally exhausted" maneuver. I am pretty sure one even lied about my credit score, telling me they couldn't find it and that it was zero...I already said 52K on my online offer, I just dont think a Porsche dealership would go for that low, but if not, why waste my time and have me drive all the way down there?

As far as options, the big one was sports chrono. everything else like bose audio, dont really matter to me. I am just too nice a guy, so I always have to bring friends, its hard to walk and these guys capitalize on your generosity telling you SOB stories.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
when you get there if they come back with something you don't like.
tell them to call you when they are ready to take the 52k.
and leave.or tell them a price you are comfortable with..I really don't think they are going to agree that quickly to your price, they know once you get there emotions take over and you give in.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
The trick to get you to agree to their price is to get you to come down to their showroom so you can smell the car interior and take their bait. It happened to me many times before and I still haven't learned.

So if you are determined to buy the car at your price, listen to others and be ready to walk.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
I got a 2007 C4S with 9k mi with 19" HRE wheels & other loaded options for $60k. I am in The Bay area where the market is stronger. The car you are considering has much higher miles. That plus where you are may mean perhaps $5k lower. My feeling is $55k is a good price, and $52k would be too good to be true. But then $62k to me is overpriced.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Figured I lend a little support here…

From what I can see in the pics the vehicle has the following options in addition to the Sports Chrono, PASM and PSM (both which may be standard on a S):

Full leather – this is a very nice option…if you only ever saw 911’s without it you may not care. When you sit in one that doesn’t and then move into one that does you’ll immediately know what I’m talking about.
Illuminated door sills – when you open the doors the “carrera” should light up
Porsche Crest in the headrest – adds a nice look to the seats
Carrera 4S emblem painted to match
Parking sensors
Thicker steering wheel
Heated seats
Warranty - It states the vehicle comes with a Porsche Certified Warranty, find out if it’s the Porsche CPO

Things to consider…it’s white which is very popular these days. I think 911’s look great in Carrera white. It’s a TIP and does not have the Porsche Sport Exhaust. Not sure what you’re looking for but something to consider with the transmission. I think the sport exhaust is great on the Carrera. If you’re planning on upgrading the exhaust anyway it doesn’t matter.

I didn’t mention these things to justify the dealer price but more to help as they may push some of these as reasons for their asking price. I have no idea what these cars (07 C4S) are selling for these days so I can’t help with that part but you likely have done some homework there. You have the leverage…in your search for a car you should begin to see a baseline based on mileage, condition, warranty, options, etc.. Easier said than done but…patience goes a long way with this. The burning desire to walk away with a 911 can cloud your ability to make better decisions.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 PM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I thought a big down payment was all cash!

Tip and no Sport Exhaust? I'd walk.

Last edited by thebland; 03-15-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TooSixy
The trick to get you to agree to their price is to get you to come down to their showroom so you can smell the car interior and take their bait. It happened to me many times before and I still haven't learned.

So if you are determined to buy the car at your price, listen to others and be ready to walk.
hahaha funny, wait, thats me too!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! I am pretty firm on 52K if they dont like it well, then its out of my budget. I think its a very competitive price, not unreasonable but I dont think im going to get it because some other poor sod is going to shell out 60k for this car. I have been looking for my white 911 for almost 3 months its starting to take its toll...Well I better get some rest and have a hearty breakfast!

-eye of the tiger plays-

Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the input guys! I am pretty firm on 52K if they dont like it well, then its out of my budget. I think its a very competitive price, not unreasonable but I dont think im going to get it because some other poor sod is going to shell out 60k for this car. I have been looking for my white 911 for almost 3 months its starting to take its toll...Well I better get some rest and have a hearty breakfast!

-eye of the tiger plays-

Good Luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre-owned 997 4S price? About to go to war at the dealer tomorrow...