997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Suncoast aluminum sport pedal set

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:08 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Cybernaut12
Here's how they look in a black interior.
That does look good. I would be interested in this mod but based on this thread, the installing the brake would scare me.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about
I had an audio store install it for me in 30 min for 35 bucks. They are used to installing interior stuff and I knew that they would do a better job than I could with my limited number of tools.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM
NYC997 has a spectacular aura aboutNYC997 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cybernaut12
Here's how they look in a black interior.
looks awesome

Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
That does look good. I would be interested in this mod but based on this thread, the installing the brake would scare me.
Here's a write up I did on some install tips. Drilling through METAL ... my god...it is NOT brain surgery.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...installed.html

Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Cybernaut12 is on a distinguished road
Thanks to all for your comments. As far as installation goes, it's really nowhere as hard as some people would have you believe. Trust me, I'm no genius in the DIY world, and if I can do it, almost anything with opposing thumbs can do it. My only tips (as have been stated in a million other places on the web) is to TAKE YOUR TIME doing this. The foot rest (on the far left) and the accelerator are easy--do these first. Then, remove the brake and/or clutch pedal rubber covers (they pull right off and can go right back on if you chicken out or screw anything up), cover them with masking or painters tape (the lighter the color the better), and line up your new pedals. Using a pen, mark where you want the holes drilled. Then I recommend after you drill the first hole (use a new/sharp drill bit...and drill slowly--the tape will actually help keep your drill bit from slipping/sliding), go ahead and affix the pedal using the included hardware. Once you have one bolt attached you can then position your pedal more easily, drill another hole and repeat. Again, it's really not hard at all. Good luck to all!

Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 PM
m3gaman is on a distinguished road
thanks, I was wondering about these too

Old 02-07-2014, 08:29 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting these pedals.... but would like to know if they are slippery when wet?

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:24 AM
AuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the rough
Anyone tried to use these with the Rennline throttle lift plate?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by simoncpw
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting these pedals.... but would like to know if they are slippery when wet?

Thanks.
Not at all. Right after I got them I entered my car with wet feet and didn't notice a thing, they're very solid and a much larger surface area to put your foot on.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by AuZZie
Anyone tried to use these with the Rennline throttle lift plate?
Seems like I read where someone did. If you read my install link above, you'll see that just adding the pedals decreases the space/distance between the brake and throttle. Enough that heel/toe is easier. I'm going to pull my throttle pedal and add like 1/4 backer to it and shim it up just a TAD more. From what I've read the adjustable backer plate thing puts the pedal too high in it's LOWEST setting. Since it's just 3 screws to remove and shim, that will be far easier and cheaper.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM
AuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Seems like I read where someone did. If you read my install link above, you'll see that just adding the pedals decreases the space/distance between the brake and throttle. Enough that heel/toe is easier. I'm going to pull my throttle pedal and add like 1/4 backer to it and shim it up just a TAD more. From what I've read the adjustable backer plate thing puts the pedal too high in it's LOWEST setting. Since it's just 3 screws to remove and shim, that will be far easier and cheaper.
I hadn't heard that. Appreciate the info though, I might do the same as you.

Last thing I want is it too high at an awkward angle.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Thanks. Just placed the order ;-)

Originally Posted by Wheeler
Not at all. Right after I got them I entered my car with wet feet and didn't notice a thing, they're very solid and a much larger surface area to put your foot on.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:55 PM
2009C4SFan is on a distinguished road
I like the look of these. I may have to try a set on my C4S!

Old 02-07-2014, 03:31 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Here is what they look like when installed...on C4S!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedals.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	330739  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Hurray... my pedals arrived!

For the gas pedal, do I need to remove and take out the gas pedal unit completely to install? Looking at the area behind the throttle pedal (where the screw position is at the lower part of the new pedal) there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to get my fingers in for the nut. And also worried that the nut holding the screw would prevent the throttle pedal from being pressed all the way down.

Last edited by simoncpw; 02-13-2014 at 08:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suncoast aluminum sport pedal set