997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Roads not far from Hoboken for a fun drive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Alan
It depends on who shows up - if its the same guys that I once met up with who thought that a run up Rt 287 at 100+mph was "fun", I'll pass. Awesome guys with awesome cars with awesome testosterone, but they can't compete with Jersey State Troopers and laser
Certainly not what I'm looking for. It would be nice to have a local group that enjoys taking rides, talking about cars, having lunch, etc. while being safe and having fun. Driving 100 on a public road not my thing.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Certainly not what I'm looking for. It would be nice to have a local group that enjoys taking rides, talking about cars, having lunch, etc. while being safe and having fun. Driving 100 on a public road not my thing.
Every Wednesday night in the summer there's a car show/gathering at Bear Mountain park, right at the top of the Palisades Parkway. It's everything from classic muscle cars, motorcycles, and hot rods, to imports and exotics.

It's a really family oriented thing, they have BBQ food, stuff for the kids, and even bands sometimes. Definitely a nice drive and a worthwhile event to check out.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Every Wednesday night in the summer there's a car show/gathering at Bear Mountain park, right at the top of the Palisades Parkway. It's everything from classic muscle cars, motorcycles, and hot rods, to imports and exotics.

It's a really family oriented thing, they have BBQ food, stuff for the kids, and even bands sometimes. Definitely a nice drive and a worthwhile event to check out.
Thank you. Sounds like fun.....

Old 04-11-2011, 06:47 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !

Seven Lakes Drive up to Bear Mountain is very nice. Don't go nuts, but at least it is a nice windy road with trees, lakes, etc. Check it out.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Michael let me know I'll shoot up with you.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Blockhed
Michael let me know I'll shoot up with you.
Sounds good....... looking forward to it.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Below may be of interest to you too.

Twice a month on a Saturday or Sunday(rotates) there have been Cars and Croissants in Chatham.

Location: Parking lot of the Woodland Bakery, 650 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ 07928
A few requests:
1) Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right as you enter the parking lot
2) Please obey all posted parking signs and, especially, leave any handicapped spots open for those who may need them;
3) Please do not lay down any rubber when leaving the parking lot!
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM (We have noticed that parking lot now starts to fill up with shoppers after 11AM; a fixed end time will hopefully reduce crowding for both groups).
The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/
The dates are listed below for 2011 are listed below.
• Saturday, February 26, 2011
• Sunday, March 13, 2011
• Saturday, March 26, 2011
• Sunday, April 10, 2011
• Saturday! , April 23, 2011
• Saturday, May 07, 2011
• Sunday, May 22, 2011
• Saturday, June 04, 2011
• Sunday, June 19, 2011
• Saturday, July 02, 2011
• Sunday, July 17, 2011
• Saturday, July 30, 2011
• Saturday, August 13, 2011
• Sunday, August 28, 2011
• Saturday, September 10, 2011
• Sunday, September 25, 2011
• Saturday, October 08, 2011
• Sunday, October 23, 2011
• Saturday, November 05, 2011
• Sunday, November 20, 2011
• Saturday, December 03, 2011
• Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
chinsky will become famous soon enough
The photos of Hawks Nest look awesome. What road is it so I can locate it on the map and crusie through next time I "have" to be in that area?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chinsky
The photos of Hawks Nest look awesome. What road is it so I can locate it on the map and crusie through next time I "have" to be in that area?
It's New York SR97....just a few miles north of Port Jervis. Here's some more info...

Hawk's Nest, SR97

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
chinsky will become famous soon enough
That's great. Wiki - why didn't I think of that! Thanks.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
huh? There are some AMAZING driving roads within a 30 minute drive from Hoboken.

1. Bear Mountain. Just take the Palisades Pkwy North until you get to the end. From there, take your pick. The scenery is awesome and the roads are smooth and twisty!

2. Hawks Nest. Pretty much right at the NY/NY/PA corner where all three states meet. Even car manufacturers like Porsche and BMW have used this legendary road to film commercials.

Here's a couple pictures to give you an idea:

Bear Mountain:

Hawks Nest: (THIS ROAD IS AMAZING!!!)

I did the Bear Mountain drive from Hoboken, but I think I went into the park and didn't hit the entire road as you have here. It was still a lot of fun and an easy ride. My stupid NAV brought me back over the GW coming back, so I have to figure out how to return another way but overall a good trip.