997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Roads not far from Hoboken for a fun drive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Roads not far from Hoboken for a fun drive?

Are there any nice roads in this area to take a drive on? I just moved here 2 months ago.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately, having grown up in NJ, I think the answer is "no."

Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Try Route 29 which runs along the Delaware River - nice road. I'm in Bergen County and can assure you that any fun roads around here have lots of unfun cops. Avoid scenic route 23 which has become a favorite revenue producer for all the local townships.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Are there any nice roads in this area to take a drive on? I just moved here 2 months ago.
PCA events at NJMP (2 hours away) is your best bet.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
brewster16 will become famous soon enough
+1 on Route 29 along the Delaware. PA side from Yardley north through New Hope and beyond. Some of the best 911 roads in the area!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 AM
fgv1it has a spectacular aura aboutfgv1it has a spectacular aura about
Having lived in NJ for close to thirty years, the answer is a definite Yes! Just look at a map, head North and West from Hoboken into the less populated areas, and you'll find tons of nice places for a drive. Unfortunately, as someone above said, watch out for the cops. Killjoys!

Old 04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
I regulary drive on 29 along the Delaware as well as on 523 and 517, 514 . These are great rides with beautiful views. Unfortunately they are not so close to Hoboken. I was goint to suggest heading north into NewYork State. I am sure there are great drives there but I believe they are no closer. I find the country/back roads to be the besat for me... as before, great views, curves, many have been recently repaved and no chips on the hood or windshield.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I have a place in Hoboken and like others have said, not too much "close" by. I do run up Palisades Pkwy towards Alpine NJ for a Sunday morning coffee run. You can't really get on it but it's a decent drive that close to Hoboken.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Sounds like we need to put together a Bergen County driving club. When's the first drive? Soon I hope.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
NJMP, Lime Rock, WG are all within reasonable driving distance. get hooked on those and you will forget about speeding around on public roads.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Sounds like we need to put together a Bergen County driving club. When's the first drive? Soon I hope.
It depends on who shows up - if its the same guys that I once met up with who thought that a run up Rt 287 at 100+mph was "fun", I'll pass. Awesome guys with awesome cars with awesome testosterone, but they can't compete with Jersey State Troopers and laser

Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rye595
Unfortunately, having grown up in NJ, I think the answer is "no."
huh? There are some AMAZING driving roads within a 30 minute drive from Hoboken.

1. Bear Mountain. Just take the Palisades Pkwy North until you get to the end. From there, take your pick. The scenery is awesome and the roads are smooth and twisty!

2. Hawks Nest. Pretty much right at the NY/NY/PA corner where all three states meet. Even car manufacturers like Porsche and BMW have used this legendary road to film commercials.

Here's a couple pictures to give you an idea:

Bear Mountain:

Hawks Nest: (THIS ROAD IS AMAZING!!!)

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 04-11-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Thank you for all the responses. I will definitely refer back to this post often for tips on where to go.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
NJMP, Lime Rock, WG are all within reasonable driving distance. get hooked on those and you will forget about speeding around on public roads.
I don't "have" to speed around. I was just looking for roads that aren't $&(&(*& like they are here in Hoboken and also areas where you don't have to stop every freakin' 50 feet b/c of traffic. I'm fine with the top down and cruising at the speed limit at times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roads not far from Hoboken for a fun drive?