997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New wheels - worth the wait!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
New wheels - worth the wait!

First off, have to say thanks to Stacy (justatoy) for peaking my interest in DPE wheels. The 5 spoke set he got for his car really is amazing, and I had to get some for my 997. I ended up looking at several different manufacturers, but in the end, DPE's design and look took the top spot. I spoke to Manu at DPE and got wind of another upcoming design with a similar concave profile - 7 split spokes. Got the order placed several months ago, and after some focused attention to detail - today I've got them on my car. And what a perfect day here in Oregon - sunny and 70 - just right for a drive!

I think these are just fantastic. Have a look:

Ron

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
Looks real nice. Congrats on a great choice of wheels!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Wow - that's breathtaking - complements the lines of the car perfectly. Great taste.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper
First off, have to say thanks to Stacy (justatoy) for peaking my interest in DPE wheels. The 5 spoke set he got for his car really is amazing, and I had to get some for my 997. I ended up looking at several different manufacturers, but in the end, DPE's design and look took the top spot. I spoke to Manu at DPE and got wind of another upcoming design with a similar concave profile - 7 split spokes. Got the order placed several months ago, and after some focused attention to detail - today I've got them on my car. And what a perfect day here in Oregon - sunny and 70 - just right for a drive!

I think these are just fantastic. Have a look:

Well Ron,

I have to say they LOOK PERFECT and I am glad that I helped with your decision!
DPE wheels ARE amazingly crafted wheels!

Enjoy!

Stacy

Old 05-11-2011, 03:15 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Very nice. Love the concave look!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
very nice indeed, love those wheels.. congrats!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Hot!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
JT997 will become famous soon enough
Very nice! I agree that yesterday was a perfect day for a drive here in Oregon. I had to do some driving myself!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
First off, have to say thanks to Stacy (justatoy) for peaking my interest in DPE wheels. The 5 spoke set he got for his car really is amazing, and I had to get some for my 997.

Ron
I think Stacy is a dangerous guy: he gives you this unjustified desire to modify and improve your Porsche. I am starting to feel the pull, too... and I don't like it (actually my wallet don't...).

Yves

Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for all the replies, I am really happy with how they turned out. I did get a comment on the rear wing - for those of you who didn't see my previous post on the install - it's a GT3 replica wing by Precision Porsche - excellent fitment, and after a great paint job by a custom body shop the wing looks like it was OEM (except I had the 3.8 filled in). Here's a pic showing the whole wing, sorry about the lighting (sun wasn't low enough in the sky, and wanted to get driving!)

Ron

Last edited by Scoper; 05-11-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: link to post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Congrats on the wheels ! Its gorgeous !

Like I told Stacy, those concave wheels bring out the width of the 911 beautifully.

love the pic below

P.S. it is wise to stay away from Justatoy's thread unless u have a fat wallet.. wait til his next project is revealed..

Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
If you're following the manual, you must now also post a picture of your blonde w/ the wheels

j/k they look really sharp

Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
If you're following the manual, you must now also post a picture of your blonde w/ the wheels

j/k they look really sharp
Or any Blonde....LOL!

I have to say AGAIN.....the wheels look REALLY sharp! The color suits that car perfectly!

Stacy

Old 05-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
PS - Looks like you're using the OEM wheel bolts - are those the right ones for those wheels? IIRC from a PM conversation I had w/ Stacy (yes I know his are a little different), his use conical seats not radius but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to make sure you're safe...

Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Or any Blonde....LOL!
Careful... he might ask to use yours... LOL !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New wheels - worth the wait!