997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lethalsleeper
Self employment
Even if you're self-employed, you still need to pay quarterly taxes to avoid owing underpayment penalties. You might want to check with a tax professional.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
choonher will become famous soon enoughchoonher will become famous soon enough
Gotta love it. Taxed till you can't pay anymore. It really is amazing how you're taxed everywhere you go or not go. Income tax, gas tax, property tax, sales tax, cigarette tax, alcohol tax, and tax on top of tax....

Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by choonher
Gotta love it. Taxed till you can't pay anymore. It really is amazing how you're taxed everywhere you go or not go. Income tax, gas tax, property tax, sales tax, cigarette tax, alcohol tax, and tax on top of tax....
It's the American Dream.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Thats why we all worked hard in school and at our jobs and professions...to attain a level of success to pay more taxes so that those that didn't work hard, feed at the public trough and want more of something for nothing can receive their bounty.

keep busting your *****. Someone on welfare needs your money.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Waxer
Thats why we all worked hard in school and at our jobs and professions...to attain a level of success to pay more taxes so that those that didn't work hard, feed at the public trough and want more of something for nothing can receive their bounty.

keep busting your *****. Someone on welfare needs your money.
You guys are real geniuses! Let's all stop paying taxes now! The roads will crumble, infrastructure will go to hell (as if we're not already far enough behind ROW), and there won't be any cops to control the angry mobs who will come a** rape you before they steal your cash, car, and the keys to your safe deposit box! Sounds good to me, as long as I can keep an extra 10 cents on the dollar!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
You dont have to be filthy rich to buy a used Porsche, ferrari, lambo... U can get one of these cars used for a decent price. One thing you have to keep in mind is maintenance on them. Even if you get a car for 50k your servicing a 100k+ car.. i wouldnt recommend getting one if you would just scrape by , you would be better off waiting a little longer till your a little more set to play around.. you could get into a m3 which is fun yet isnt a 100k+ car that gives off that image or has those bills.. then get into the 911 or another super-car down the road. There is nothing like driving one once you have it but you have to be prepared for everything that comes with it..

-Eric

Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Most of our taxes do not go to the items you list below. Most of us here have no problem paying for the things you mention, unforunately even those items now have very little budget since government is sucking everyone and everything dry to fund its plitically-correct agenda and other useless spending. Obama says we can afford more taxes... it must be so. Afterall, he has been right all along!

Originally Posted by mseligson
You guys are real geniuses! Let's all stop paying taxes now! The roads will crumble, infrastructure will go to hell (as if we're not already far enough behind ROW), and there won't be any cops to control the angry mobs who will come a** rape you before they steal your cash, car, and the keys to your safe deposit box! Sounds good to me, as long as I can keep an extra 10 cents on the dollar!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:27 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Most of our taxes do not go to the items you list below. Most of us here have no problem paying for the things you mention, unforunately even those items now have very little budget since government is sucking everyone and everything dry to fund its plitically-correct agenda and other useless spending. Obama says we can afford more taxes... it must be so. Afterall, he has been right all along!
Oh I see. You're one of those special people who knows which are the correct things we should be spending taxes on. As opposed to all the wrong things. Like NPR! and art museums....All those wastes of our hard working Amurican's taxes!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I see. You're one of those special people who knows which are the correct things we should be spending taxes on. As opposed to all the wrong things. Like NPR! and art museums....All those wastes of our hard working Amurican's taxes!
Nice to see this friendly thread degrade into a battle of uninformed opinions.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:43 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Wow... you really have no feel for sarcasm aye?

Above post is right. I apologize for following up on off-topic posts, especially since it attracts the wrong type of hostile attention.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Correct.

And what's with the condescending use of "Amurican"?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Nice to see this friendly thread degrade into a battle of uninformed opinions.
lol.. i tried to spark the true ignition of this thread back to life a few post back but it seems as if i have failed... oh well.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:16 PM
alphadog is on a distinguished road
Lucid, I hope you got your Porsche.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Cops don't get to you until after you've been raped. As for the infrastructure, if you haven't noticed, it's already crumbling but the government's going to raise taxes to cover the repairs.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:43 AM
thor48 is on a distinguished road
Great and entertaining thread. I am by no means a wealthy person - saved up a long time for my CTT. But I bought a Porsche because it is my automobile of choice. I love the workmanship, the feel & handling and the satisfaction the machine gives me when I travel about. When I am in a Porsche, I am in my own world (fully aware of what's going on while driving) and do not drive to show others my world. When the time comes, I have the most fun and enjoyment in my Porsche when no one is around. In my opinion, a person should obtain things, for themselves, to satisfy their own needs/desires. I believe owning a Porsche is absolutely a personal matter and something a person should want. I've driven many other exotic automobiles but the one that gives me "those feelings" is a Porsche. As is alluded to early in this thread, buy it because you want it. Don't worry what others think. Also, early on, in this thread, because of where you live, you might want to think of getting an AWD Porsche. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?