997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Travelling for more than 2 months. Help needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Sciloh is a jewel in the roughSciloh is a jewel in the roughSciloh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AP 997S
You ever hear of something called an extension cord? They come in lengths up to 100 ft. You can place the little battery tender inside the car or trunk so it won't be stolen. It doesn't put out much heat so there shouldn't be a concern from that perspective.
extension cords are helpful if there are outlets available.....in my case, there are none. I was thinking of driving it around the block once a week, unless there is another option

Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 AM
jeopardy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sciloh
extension cords are helpful if there are outlets available.....in my case, there are none. I was thinking of driving it around the block once a week, unless there is another option
I have the same problem. I don't have outlets at all. Not even an extension cord will be helpful. I guess I will ask someone to drive it once per week too (although I don't really like the idea) but its the only available solution for me!!!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:12 AM
joee76 is on a distinguished road
One of the instructors at the local PCA club said to just disconnect the battery and keep it somewhere warm in the house. Then top up the charge when it's time to put it back in. This is my first year trying, so we'll see how it goes after the winter.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 AM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
Why not take the battery inside, and then use a battery tender on it? For my car, to alleviate the worry of a dead battery and no way to access frunk, I copied another 6speeder by attaching the battery tender connection terminals and leaving the plug at the base of the wipers. The plug has a weather proof cover to it. Also, there is an emergency entry method into the frunk. Someone here brought up that under one of the front wheel wells there is a pull cable of some sort for ER access. Anyway, due to the condo and no electrical access, just remove battery. Even if an extension cord could be taken to it, I'd wait to run it there until I'm back in town, and charge it then.