997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Can you CPO a car after you have.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Can you CPO a car after you have.....

Owned it for 6 months? It's a 2008 911 CS with 6800 miles and the warranty runs out October 2012, any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks

Joe

Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
When the lease on my wife's Cayenne expired Porsche offered to CPO the car for ~$2900 bucks, or so, if we financed through Porsche. We are the only owners and the dealer was well aware of the history and it's 60K plus miles.

I think there are other extended warranties out there and probably cheaper.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor
HouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really nice
Yes, you can CPO the car as long as the dealer is willing to do so. What the dealer have to do is restock your car in their inventory and resell it to you as a CPO car. By the book Porsche does not allow any car to be CPO after the it's sold.

The cost at the dealer is approx $1950 and most dealers would like to make $1000+ on these deals.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HouseAutomotive
Yes, you can CPO the car as long as the dealer is willing to do so. What the dealer have to do is restock your car in their inventory and resell it to you as a CPO car. By the book Porsche does not allow any car to be CPO after the it's sold.

The cost at the dealer is approx $1950 and most dealers would like to make $1000+ on these deals.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Technically that might be true but as a matter of practice, it's not really reasonable (at least not here in CA) as you'll have to pay the sales tax. Porsche offers an extended warranty to consumers in Canada but for some odd reason, they do not offer it to original owners here in the States, unless you're buying the car off lease from PFS. There are; however, a ton of reputable, third party options. Easy Care and Fidelity being the two that come to mind.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor
HouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really nice
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Technically that might be true but as a matter of practice, it's not really reasonable (at least not here in CA) as you'll have to pay the sales tax. Porsche offers an extended warranty to consumers in Canada but for some odd reason, they do not offer it to original owners here in the States, unless you're buying the car off lease from PFS. There are; however, a ton of reputable, third party options. Easy Care and Fidelity being the two that come to mind.
Sorry I didn't clarify my statement. The dealer does not sell the car back to consumer. The dealer would just charge you straight $2950 or whatever the price is to CPO the car and there is no new sales contract or tax involve. Most part of it is just getting the CPO paper work done through the dealer system and the Porsche online system.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
how long or how many miles is the cpo

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by avh128996tt
how long or how many miles is the cpo
CPO gives you additional 2 years or 100,000 miles which ever comes first

Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
House --Great post !!

I never asked a dealership but thought precisely as you stated with an estimated 4K to CPO a car . I decided not to even ask based on that estmate . I felt that it might be good for someone who thinks his car might pose an issue . Of course no one can know for sure if even a well kept car can break but 4K is a pretty nice cushion just to break even . also an owner does have 4 + years to develop some type of mutual respect with a service shop and it's always been my opinion that if a customer is couteous when the car is on warranty it helps a lot.