997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
NJM500 is on a distinguished road
Yes, the white one with the 2 prongs is the side light.

Also, my left light (driver side) is now misted up with moisture inside.

Anyone else having condensation ?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
oh no, I had lights that had this condensation issue before, It froze in the winter and changed the way the beam reflected off the lense. Pointing the lights directly in other oncoming drivers eyes.

It took a good warm day to dry it out. In the middle of winter thats not likly. Although I dont drive my Porsche in winter. having condensation in the lights sux. I ended up having to re-seal the lense a few times

it got to the point where I just was fed up and sold them. I loved the way the lights looked too. Its really too bad that happend. I hope these dont do this It will really ruin it quick

Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
MB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to behold
Well, I just placed my order with cargym in HK. No one had these in stock at a reasonable price. Hoping I won't have any issues

Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I took a video of the affected light while the car was parked and then sat in the car waiting for the fault message and beep to occur. It did after just a few minutes and I looked at the video afterward and confirmed that none of the lights, including the middle bar, went off during the fault, so I can say with certainty that the light is not actually switching off during the fault.

Last edited by cavsct94; 12-15-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
fp997 is on a distinguished road
i haven't had a chance to install mine either. they do look very nice tho.

wonder if i'll get the fault message.....

Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys, I suspect I'm not the only one sitting on the sidelines watching this thread before moving ahead with my installation. I ordered the entire package, DRL's plus the interior/exterior LED packages that Ray offered before shipping the DRL's. I don't want to dive into the install yet if we have some issues that need to be ironed out....

I was under the impression that everything was tested thoroughly with no error codes whatsoever. Obviously, codes are being thrown on various model years which raises some concern. I'm hoping that everyone who has done the installation can let us know what they are experiencing. Are some cars throwing no codes whatsoever? Are the side marker LED bulbs creating any issues? Any issues with the interior bulbs or the new HID bulbs?

Ideally, each person who participated in the group buy would make a post recapping their status. Year/Model, what lights they installed (DRL's, side markers/HID's/interior,) Module or no module installed, What codes have been thrown if any, condensation, etc. etc. Basically, just a complete recap so we can establish trends and patterns as Ray works to get these issues dealt with.

I was also in the first group buy for the rear LED's and we had to work out the fog lamp/code issue after the fact. Ray handled everything like a true professional and it all worked out fine in the end. I'm confident that Ray will deal with these DRL's in the same fashion, clearly we have some code issues that require immediate attention.

Thanks,

Jay

Old 12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
I am waiting for this issue to be resolved as well. +1

Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Exactly the same is happening on my 08.

Originally Posted by chudso
I have the same "check right front side light" on my '08... So I don't think it has to do with the year

Last edited by DirtyVegas; 12-15-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
ELUSIVE will become famous soon enoughELUSIVE will become famous soon enough
I don't plan on waiting. The more of us that try to install them the more data Ray will have.

I will try and do my install tomorrow and report back.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I still have not had time to install mine either (probably won't until Sunday). Will report what errors, if any I get. Are any of you who are getting errors disconnecting the battery before installing the lights?

Old 12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Doug_B_928 is on a distinguished road
I recall when I did my install that the two wires that come over either side of that white male connector for the park lights were not sitting fully within their recessed areas. I.e., they were bent slightly off to the sides. So, I gently put them into the recesses before installing. Just a thought. I didn't get this warning. However, the car is in winter storage so might get it in the spring once I start driving it.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:33 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
MB7000 I got mine from there and had zero issues! Great people to deal with. I had mine on today and zero issues.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
I dont like where this is going.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Btw, I bought a second pair in case someone is interested. I will put them in the sales section when I get a chance.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Doug_B_928 is on a distinguished road
Kudos to Ray at Rottec

My DRLs work perfectly. I also purchased new HIDs to go with them so that they would match the DRLs. I did have a fault code: Low right dipped beam. I called Ray and described the problem. He diagnosed it as a faulty HID. He sent me a replacement and it arrived in less than a week. I just installed it and the problem is solved.

Thanks, Ray, for your excellent after sale service!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's